Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 18:08:46
Print Post

Want a Xbox One and Titanfall for £279

[link to this post]

The Game Shop deal

What's the catch I here you cry ? Since it's Game who are the high street version of EA it's quite a big one to obtain that bundle.

Like your Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 plus 5 games and you can happily walk away with the Bundle at that price.

Now to me it's daylight Robbery but for those short of pennies I can see Game taking full advantage of this offering with many desperate punters going for it.

Edited by time2die (Sat 01-Mar-14 18:09:27)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 01-Mar-14 18:30:36
Print Post

Re: Want a Xbox One and Titanfall for £279

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

daylight robbery to who?

a ps3 and 5 games is worth much more than £120 smile

does the xbox one even have 5 games worth playing?

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:18:02
Print Post

Cheeky bar stewards. You would think Game might try and be a bit more competitive these days after only just avoiding bankruptcy.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 20:42:54
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Daylight robbery to the guy that trades either his 360 in or Playstation 3 plus 5 games that's who ?.

Of course the Xbox One doesn't have 5 games worth playing,you could say that about every console generation that has shipped after a mere few months.

But it does have what I consider to be a triple AAA title in Titanfall that is highly addictive and a joy to play.

You only need a few really great games and Titanfall will sure keep me entertained for quite a few months.

Then if I want to play a single player game I will play Infamous second Son a week later on the Playstation 4.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 20:53:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
daylight robbery to who?

a ps3 and 5 games is worth much more than £120 smile

does the xbox one even have 5 games worth playing?

A Playstation 3 last year just before Blockbusters went under was worth £30 trade in value,and that was last October.

Most new games for about a month or a little more after are worth £25 max,but a game that's around 3 months old can be worth as little as £12.

I've not read the Game offer as I try to avoid them like the plague,if there are no hidden secrets about what games you can trade in then I guess based on the price slump of Playstation 3 it's not a bad deal providing that deal lets you trade in any game regardless of age.

But knowing game like I do it will probably games that are fairly recent,after imagine trading in 5 games from around 3 to 4 years old worth about £2 each and your Playstation 3 and getting that deal.

That would be beneficial to the person trading....but I'm sure deep within this offer there are catches,and lots if them.

Blockbusters served my needs fine and was a good stop gap to trading in unwanted stuff ,now Game have a high street monopoly once again and it's not a good position for lovers of games.

We need high street competition and Game haven't got any,they already killed of the independents and then bought Game station and ruined that.

And the people who work in them know absolutely nothing about games.
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 21:13:51
Print Post

As far as I can remember I have only bought 2 games in actual shops since buying my PS3 in 2009, the rest have been bought online. More convenient and cheaper, it's a winning formula.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 02-Mar-14 08:00:22
Print Post

yeah value to the shop is different to value to me, I have various AAA games yet to play on my ps3 and some also on my 360. My console to me (given fat ps3's arent even made anymore) is worth a lot more than £30. This also the fact I have many games I like on it whilst a next gen console has yet to have a game to attract me over. So if I brought a xbox one or ps4 they both would be gathering dust.

I would only sell either of my 360 or ps3 if I was absolutely desperate for survival, otherwise if I want a ps4 or xbox one I just save up for it. I think game are just taking advantage of people who are diving into the next gen hype and wont be thinking straight when making the transaction. I already know many people who reject ditching their ps3/360 for a ps4/xbox1 and have gone out and brought a last gen console again.

Edited by Chrysalis (Sun 02-Mar-14 08:01:29)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Mar-14 08:53:14
Print Post

Im not going to say your not right but i bet they get plenty of takers and will have a avalanche of pre owned xbox 360 and playstation 3s traded in that that offer will soon stop.
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Sun 02-Mar-14 09:05:25
Print Post

Horse for courses really, since owning my Xbox one there's not a single game that I owned last gen that I wanted to play over the likes of bf4, fifa 14, forza 5 so I traded mine in and would certainly do so again because privately selling you'll just get some joker offer you peanuts for it!
Each to their own I guess really, its just that I'm thoroughly enjoying next gen so far and my 360 and ps3 would have just been gathering dust and losing even more money!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Mar-14 09:19:15
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

It goes without saying a 7 year old 360 or playstation 3 is going to have a huge library compered to the next generation consoles that have only been with us a matter of months.

But over the course of the next 3 months we have many triple AAA Titles on the horizon like Titanfall in 2 weeks and Infamous Second Son on the playstation 4 a week later.

Then we have the upcoming Watchdogs and Destiny and Drive Club and many many more.

I can not really agree that it was essential buying a Xbox One and Playstation 4 last November but within a few weeks time it would have been the time i would have gone out and bought them both if i hadn't in the first place.wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to