Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Mar-14 08:39:06
Print Post

NVIDIA SHIELD

[link to this post]

Looks interesting

The NVIDIA SHIELD is an awesome hybrid beast. It offers you the convenience of portable gaming. It lets you play Android games without the small screen or pain-in-the-butt of finger swiping. It gives you the flexibility to move your PC games away from your gaming rig. It lets you stream movies or listen to music, with full support for FLV and MKV. Use it to pilot an AR Drone. You can even run the most popular emulators from your home library of retro games. Basically, we looked at it and knew it was our sorta thing.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/17d6/?srp=1

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Mar-14 13:51:02
Print Post

Re: NVIDIA SHIELD

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

That screen will be headache inducing - it should be something like the PSP, which you look down/forward on...

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Mar-14 20:56:59
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

It certainly looks interesting in task manager. 30% CPU consumed for no reason. It soon got uninstalled.

Zen 8000 Pro

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Mar-14 21:05:43
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

I'm using driver version 334.89 and there's 9 nvidia services I can see running in the background including the streamer and network services but they're not consuming any CPU cycles at all.

Not sure about the whole Nvidia Shield thing. I don't particularly want to stream a PC game onto a 5" screen or even my telly. I'd love a decent Android control pad for games I've already bought on the Play Store though and having something that 'just works' with everything would be really nice. I think I'd prefer to have a logitech type controller with buttons on either side of my phone/tablet - something scalable in size, that's what I want right now.
  Print Thread

Jump to