Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 22-Mar-14 01:26:15
Print Post

Infamous Second Son…4 hours In

[link to this post]

Lets just say for the first time in a long time i have never been so pleased with how i feel when playing this game,from the moment you install it and start playing it a few minutes later you know that you have a very well made product just by the intro and the menu system.

Amazing set pieces,visuals to die for and a Seattle looks drop dead gorgeous with so much texture in the map detail and graphics you very rarely see in a open ended action game like Infamous.

Its amazing fun to play with some spectacular visual flair when using your powers,even after 4 hours i only have the basic Smoke power which i have upgraded to the max and have acquired smoke missiles as well as the normal attack and other special moves.

Graphically nothing touches it and i have not had so much fun playing a game in ages and its kind of hard to switch it of which says a lot nowadays .

The explosions and destruction are some of the better effects i have ever seen and they are a joy to use when needed,traversing through the vent system is another super cool feature and the list of how you can get around the map and get out of trouble quicker than you got in it is endless.

If you wanted to pick bones then I'm sure you could by saying its very much take over and destroy areas of the map and some may think that is repetitive .

But its about enjoying the game and experiencing amazing graphics and addictive game play and Infamous Second Son has it all.

If i was a reviewing this game myself and I'm not a fanboy of either console then this game gets a solid Timey 9.5 from me without question.

I can not wait to load it up tomorrow night and spend a little more time with this brilliant action game that has it all.

If you like Prototype and Just Cause then Infamous will blow you away because in looks alone it anyalates the previous 2 titles and is seriously next generation without question.

If your in the market for a playstation 4 and this is your type of game then its time to upgrade……..Superb wink

Oh and i forgot to add the touchpad on the Dual Shock 4 is put to some serious good use with Infamous and works a treat smile

Edited by time2die (Sat 22-Mar-14 01:29:54)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 22-Mar-14 22:32:39
Print Post

Re: Infamous Second Son…4 hours In

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Tried to pick it up tonight but Asda had sold out. Will have a scout around tomorrow, Sainsbury's perhaps. frown
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Mar-14 01:05:06
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

You should have pre/ordered it mate from shopto and you would have had it Thursday like me,played it tonight for 5 hours straight and i just have got my second power which i won't talk about .

So that 7 hours give or take a minute and i have just unlocked another power,someone said this game can be finished in 8/10 hours,personally i think its going to take me double that amount of time.

And when i have finished i am going to to it all over again but taking the Evil Choose route and not the good guy which i am playing at present.

Its breathtaking and anyone that has a Playstation 4 has to buy this game,even if its not really your type its a game you have to have in your collection.

Think Supermarket stock will be thin on the ground mate,and with the demise of Blockbusters i think your only other option is high street rip of merchants Game,think it was £54.99 for the basic edition and i basically got the limited edition for that been the Gold Shopto member i am tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Mar-14 01:06:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
Tried to pick it up tonight but Asda had sold out. Will have a scout around tomorrow, Sainsbury's perhaps. frown

Serves you right tongue casual gamers don't expect to pick up the best stuff blush
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Mar-14 10:15:37
Print Post

Serves you right tongue casual brassick gamers don't expect to pick up the best stuff blush

Corrected that for you! I spent 2k on a guitar though so I can't complain. I knew I wouldn't be able to splash out on games for a while after that, but this is one of the unmissable ones for me. Just wanted to get your thoughts first Magoo, that's why I didn't pre order.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Mar-14 10:31:22
Print Post

Nice one matey wink

I say don't hesitate mate ,new generation games have arrived and you will find it hard not to continue playing it for hours,last night i stuck it on at around 8pm and turned it of at 12.30 am and i still wanted to continue playing it.

Now i haven't said or done that with a game since The Last of Us last year and hardly ever the previous 2 years.

Take a trip out today and go to every possible source and try and get it,wait until this evening,fire it up and be in Gaming heaven wink because this is Masterful and you will have one hell of a great time playing it.

Lots of sport on Today like Aston Villa [yeah i know ? ] the Moto Gp and el Classico Real Madrid v Barcelona so i will be back on playing this thing of beauty later tonight.wink.

Might even have a quick 60 minutes while cooking Sunday Roast crazy.

Hey and Nelly….Any chance you can read your messages and answer your Playstation App a little quicker rather than a week later blush .

Edited by time2die (Sun 23-Mar-14 10:34:49)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Mar-14 11:13:49
Print Post

Will do. smile

The thing about the App is that it doesn't tell me I have a new message until I open it, which is weird because it used to. Poxy thing. mad
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Mar-14 11:35:44
Print Post

Yeah we used to get the alert around the App symbol didn't we,bit like the apps on our mobile,now for some strange reason it don't work like you say unless you open the app.

Might delete it and reinstall see if that changes anything.wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Mar-14 13:00:46
Print Post

Just went to Sainsbury's and picked up the Limited Edition Alien: Colonial Marines for 5 quid....get in!! grin
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Mar-14 14:19:27
Print Post

I wouldn't have that it they were giving it away free with shopping tongue,so with taking that into consideration.....you truly have been completely ripped of crazy

On a sad note is there only yourself and I running these gaming forums this weekend or what !

I don't know what more can be done to make these gaming forums a more active place,it's a shame because on occasion it's really interesting ,but most the time it's very very quiet with little to no posts on a daily basis .

Edited by time2die (Sun 23-Mar-14 14:33:33)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to