Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User athesature
(newbie) Sun 23-Mar-14 21:40:30
Print Post

Titanfall Xbox one bundle - today

[link to this post]

Seen a email today from gaming site that has several good deals. In particular the xbox one and ps4 infamous. Iam thinking about the Xbox one. I have. A 360 and wondered whether or not. Have a look
gamestock.co
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Mar-14 00:38:59
Print Post

Re: Titanfall Xbox one bundle - today

[re: athesature] [link to this post]

Do yourself a huge favour and take the playstation 4 option with Infamous Second Son instead…

Its a better console mate and Infamous second son is way better looking than Titanfall and i know as i have them both.

Titanfall is good but it seriously lacks game modes,Infamous is single player only ,but my oh my what a terrific experience it is.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Mar-14 18:55:05
Print Post

I brought the Xbone on the strength of the Xbox 360 , don't make the same mistake as me , its a huge disappointment and another fail from Microsoft to add to their ever increasing list of fails .

Get a PS4 , you know you don't want Kinect and to be having all the games you buy run slow and look rubbish as there ports from the PS4 or the fact the hardware is not up to the job , it really is that bad and why i spend more time on my 360 whilst owning a Xbone .

Just think xbox360 vs PS3 and now completely flip it for this generation the PS4 is the all around better console , Sony learnt by there mistakes and Microsoft became complacent .

Edit:: if you really must have a Xbone wait till the price with a game falls below the £300 mark , which will be happening sooner than you might think .

Edited by woweebert (Wed 26-Mar-14 19:02:03)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Mar-14 21:07:08
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

When reading what you write regarding the Xbox One and the complete turnaround with the Playstation 4 against the P3 v360 argument it's like reading one of my own posts wink

I agree with a lot you say Bert especially how Sony have seemed to have learned a valuable lesson and have rectified what was wrong with the Playstation 3 and put that right with the Playstation 4 .

Personally I think Microsoft lost the battle on the 20th Feb 2013 when Sony presented the specifications and the Playstation 4 announcement .

Microsoft had a vision ,a truly awful vision ,dreamt up by there incompetent internal Gaming division with no respect for the Gamers that made the 360 the console of choice.

Then after Sony brilliant presentation a few months later Microsoft basically shot themselves in the foot with there quite frankly ludicrous idea regarding Kinnect 2.0 that nobody gives a monkeys about,DRM restrictions and Digital content and not supporting the trading in of games.

From that moment things have got steadily worse,and now we have Playstation 4 multi platform games looking and running better than Xbox One.....who would have thought Microsoft would ever had allowed that to happen.....but it's a sad fact.

I bought a Xbox one for Titanfall and what ever other exclusives they have in the future,I did say I would never buy a Xbox One after there reveal but the Gamer in me could not resist not playing Titanfall even though I'm not quite in love with it as I thought I would be.

Much Prefer the single player game Infamous over Titanfall,the Playstation 4 in my opinion has the better software and must have games over the Xbox One.

I don't personally regret buying a Xbox one,but if I didn't have one I can say hand on heart I don't think I would miss it,even with Titanfall.

I said only the Playstation 4 was for me and I have ended up with the 3 of them,and the Xbox One gets played the least.

It's funny really....Another classic example is Plants V Zombies Garden Warfare,a very decent game,but I said it would be a stop gap until something else came along,played it for about 4 days on release and not touched it since and I very much doubt I will return if I'm honest even though it's quite fun in its own right.

Just another game that does not grip me,would much prefer playing Tower defence games on my Ipad,.

Edited by time2die (Wed 26-Mar-14 21:16:17)

Standard User jorkila
(committed) Thu 27-Mar-14 09:36:24
Print Post

Well i bought the Xbox One based on what i would play the most with friends and i don't regret it for one minute!!
If i hadn't bought it i wouldn't now be playing Forza 5, Ryse (both drop dead gorgeous btw), Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and even PvZ Garden Warfare.
There's no doubt the PS4 has the better hardware it just doesn't have the titles to compete with the Xbox right now imo!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Mar-14 12:52:02
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

I don't think that arguments adds up my friend,Dead rising 3 looks like a 360 game at best and Ryse is just a bore feast of the highest order,yes it looks quite sweet but gameplay its as hollow as Nelly head wink.

When was the last time you played Plants V Zombies ? In preference to Titanfall.

To say the playstation 4 has no titles compared to the Xbox One is not true either,infact it has way better looking games than anything on a Xbox One and in playability ……..Infamous Second Son is drop dead gorgeous and has gameplay mechanics to match,Killzone shadowfall again is a really beautiful looking game with way more on offer than both Dead Rising and Ryse.

I bought into the Ryse hype and was bored within 20 minutes of it,same with Dead Rising 3,ask Jaxx about both these games and he is what i call a Xbox Lover in a nice sort of way.wink

But don't ask Bert For his thoughts on the Xbox one…….As the expletives will truly flow crazy and he was a Microsoft devotee in the past with his 360 .smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Mar-14 13:00:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by athesature:
Seen a email today from gaming site that has several good deals. In particular the xbox one and ps4 infamous. Iam thinking about the Xbox one. I have. A 360 and wondered whether or not. Have a look
gamestock.co

In my case i would have no hesitation in recommending a Playstation 4 over a Xbox One mate,there are to many people that have already regretted getting a Xbox One over the Playstation 4.

Microsoft have a extreme amount of work to do in order to convince the masses that are slowly deserting them that they know what Gamers want,it seems to be 1 step forward and 3 steps back with there gaming division and like i said in a previous thread a month or so back that alarm bells are ringing because Microsoft Shareholders want to dump the gaming division entirely which is kind of worrying if you ask me.

Bert hit the nail on the head with his views,how can you completely [censored] it up with your next console having had such a dominant presence with the last ?
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Thu 27-Mar-14 13:54:12
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Was no argument just my opinion and i stand by it wink
TBF Infamous is the only game in the last year that's been able to hold your attention for more than hour and when was the last time you played KillZone and how long for matey? wink
TBH i wouldn't buy a ps4 for infamous alone purely because there is no multi-player and really isn't my type of game, again just my opinion and i stand by purely my preference there is more for "ME" to enjoy on the Xbox One at this moment in time!!
Played PvZ 2 or 3 days ago just for a quick blast but that's all i really do these days play for a couple hours then come off, thats not knocking these "next gen" consoles I just think i'm growing up wink
Been at work for the last 6 days so not had much chance to play much at all frown
I will get a PS4 sometime this year but for now the Xbox has plenty to keep me more than happy for the time being!!

Edited by jorkila (Thu 27-Mar-14 14:23:56)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Mar-14 16:43:43
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

No argument mate and i know its your personal opinion and thats all fine and dandy,but basis of it is the playstation 4 has better games than the Xbox One and thats final…….So I'm right and your wrong wink

Killzone i played it for about 2 hours about 2 weeks ago and i don't have the attention span to play for much longer if I'm honest,again Killzone is a fantastic game but like Titanfall mate once i have the product in my hand I'm not all that bothered with them and they again have failed to lift my Gaming depression unlike Infamous which i can not put down and is near completion.

I will go back to Killzone and i will revisit Titanfall and may be Plants v Zombies,but think i will focus my attention on Watchdogs in May for my next Gaming fix after finishing Infamous Second Son.
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Thu 27-Mar-14 16:49:08
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

No no no no no no you can't possibly be right, her in doors is always right wink
Gave Titanfall a bash earlier today and just love the fluid gameplay, i know it doesn't have the depth that Battlefield 4 has but get a couple mates online for a few hours and I find it an absolute blast!!
Yeah I think we're in for a treat over the next few months regardless of console choice so bring it on!!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to