Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 23-Mar-14 22:59:05
Print Post

play.com and credit cards

[link to this post]

Seems I found another retailer that have paranoid checks in place.

play.com credit card declined, they cant provide reason because they feel its too risky.

I contacted credit card company who said they will contact play.com on my behalf. So now waiting.

Sadly what I am buying seems only available on play.com some sellers seem to only use that site.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Mar-14 00:32:59
Print Post

Re: play.com and credit cards

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Enlighten us and share what you are actually buying then smile

Edited by time2die (Mon 24-Mar-14 00:33:15)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 24-Mar-14 09:20:50
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

just an old tv show, but found it on ebay now so is ok.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Mar-14 18:25:55
Print Post

So your embarrassed to tell us....Not Worzel Gumridge is it or Bill And Ben wink
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 25-Mar-14 20:44:23
Print Post

No its the mind of the married man, old tv show from the 90s.

Credit card company have also been blanked out by play.com, but I have been told by my credit card company they did not decline it, the retailer must have declined and obviously play.com gave me a misleading automated message stating the credit card declined it, incidently we talking about a £4 transaction here, not something like thousands of pounds. So the answer is play.com have extra unique checks in place which they are not willing to disclose out of paranoia.

Meanwhile the ebay order got delivered today no hassle.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Mar-14 20:56:44
Print Post

Can not say I have heard of that one mate,saying that I'm not into many TV series if I'm honest...

Used to love the old 60s The Invaders and bought that series on DVD ,watched a few but then thought these don't half look dated and gave up.

I've not bothered with 24, game of thrones and all the other stuff on Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic,tell a lie I watched and downloaded all the Mad Dogs....that was cool.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 25-Mar-14 21:18:53
Print Post

seems they decided my card was ok, just got a shipping mail from play.com.

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Tue 25-Mar-14 21:43:54
Print Post

That is strange, have not encountered anything like that before. Seems stupid they wouldn't even tell the card company.

Edited by astateoftrance (Tue 25-Mar-14 21:44:25)

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Tue 25-Mar-14 21:51:33
Print Post

I love a good TV series, cant wait for GOT and 24 to be back smile Currently watching Walking Dead which is brilliant.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 25-Mar-14 22:03:08
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I wonder of they use the same secret checks as playasia and some other weird sites.

I brought a psn card to use on .us psn store some months back, the first site I used was rejecting my orders for 'unknown' reasons, even paypal payments were rejected. (I have never ever had a paypal payment blocked for security before that). The site said they couldnt tell me what the issue was as they didnt trust me and just kept saying make sure details are correct which they were. I was buying a $10 card.

Then playasia, same thing, made payment, was about 11pm, then got told to wait for a callback for a security check (wooooh), about 3am, gave up waiting and went bed, when I woke up it was approved and I passed this so called security check (no calls were made to me).

Now of course play.com.

All 3 sites seem to have the following in common, low value transactions, and sell alot of gaming stuff. I am assuming payment fraud is rife in gaming and they have some very severe paranoia on payments.

Edited by Chrysalis (Tue 25-Mar-14 22:07:05)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to