Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Mar-14 01:10:13
Print Post

Timey completes Infamous Second Son.

[link to this post]

Well i have basically hammered the game for the past 7 days and i have to say i have not had so much fun with a game since the Last of Us.

Beautiful to look at,superb to play,and a all-round solid gaming experience of the highest quality,yes i could nit pick and say that its very much the same throughout the game but thats a minor flaw because what it does it does so well and in my books this gets a 9.5 and is my top 20 games of all time for sure.

Voice acting and graphics are some of the best i have ever seen,lighting effects blow you away,the amount of detail in the city is breathtaking and it really is a masterclass in game production and sucker punch need a massive pat on the back for producing a game thats a credit to the playstation 4.

My completed score was 86% so there is still areas to clear and find a few things scattered around the map and i was toold that after the credits rolled,but i can also discover hidden powers by playing the game through again as the bad guy instead of my chosen path first time around as the good guy.

The playstation 3 ended its life cycle in my books with a masterpiece which was The last Of Us [Apparently coming with enhanced graphics to P4 this summer] the Playstation 4 4 months later gets a game thats on the same level,so prepare for some amazing looking games in the next 12/18 months.

You see Kila when a game of this standard lands in Timeys lap he admires its grace and beauty and puts time into completing it which took me 12 hours and not the 1 hour you think i spend with each game i buy wink

If i don't take to a game i don't spend time on it,i completed Battlefield 4 single player,Killzone shadowfall single player,the last of us [twice] and many many more over the years.

But for every single game that takes my attention and i finish,and believe me i have finished many games,there are many others that i haven't and the list would be 100s.

Games got to grip me within 10 minutes and generally when you first load up a game you get a feeling by watching the opening credits if this game is going to rock and roll.

Titanfall had a amazing opening sequence and as online multiplayer shooter its brilliant,same can be said for Infamous Second Son and many others.

Take the First 20 minutes of The Last of us,that was a story that actually gripped you from the start to the very end and these games only pop up every couple of years and only a handful of developers have the skill and resources to produce them.

For ever brilliant game there is 10 junk ones,and unfortunately because of my passion and love of games for the past 35 plus years i end up buying quite a few turkeys.

But i have reigned back now and think a lot more carefully about what i buy with this generation,my local blockbusters has now gone and there are very few shops now that you can trade in your unwanted games.

Edited by time2die (Fri 28-Mar-14 01:24:03)

Standard User jorkila
(committed) Fri 28-Mar-14 09:15:19
Print Post

Re: Timey completes Infamous Second Son.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
For ever brilliant game there is 10 junk ones!

And the rest matey!!
Glad you've found a game that's finally lived up to your expectations and lets face it a game these days that keeps anyone coming back for more has to be something special!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Mar-14 18:25:40
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Metal gear later tonight mate as I want to check that out,then I guess I will go back and play Infamous all over again even though I know what to expect apart from a few different paths and choices to make as Timey is going down the pure Evil trail.

What level are you on in Titanfall by the way.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(committed) Fri 28-Mar-14 19:34:30
Print Post

Level 46, was hoping to hit 50 and prestige before the end of the month but not sure i'll get the time!!
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Fri 28-Mar-14 22:38:08
Print Post

Good to hear you have enjoyed it so much. I must admit I do not know much about Second Son, is it a follow on from the previous 2 games? Are you the same character ?

As I said in a post before I was not interested in this game because I found the second Infamous very repetitive after the initial awe and fun of having super powers in a open world setting wore off. I did not get all that far in the game though so perhaps I didn't give it enough of a chance.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 29-Mar-14 01:20:51
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

We'll played Metal gear and like you said Kila it's a lovely looking game but and this is a BUG but ?

I just can not hack stealth type games,try as I might I just want to go in all guns blazing and this is basically a penalty in this game,just like Splinter cell,I buy them because they Ouse certain appeal and by all accounts get very strong reviews.

I started a firefight within about a minute after been spotted by a search light sentry ,then I restarted and a similar thing happened and then after shooting the guards I got a little fed up after 20 minutes and I haven't taken to this game and I'm not buying stealth games in the future there just not my type or style.

I was tempted to just load Infamous again but decided to watch TV instead after quite a heavy week of gaming.

Seriously I may give metal another try out but as fantastic as it looks it just doesn't do it for me which I new from previous experiences with these type of games but never say never.

Strange really as I used to adore the early metal gear games on the original Playstation ,then as the years have past I have become less interested.

At the end of the day I just like shooting stuff,killing lots of baddies and blowing thing into little pieces and I think that's best where i stay in that type of genre .
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Mar-14 10:24:14
Print Post

Silly boy I told you so wink

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Mar-14 22:42:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
I was tempted to just load Infamous again but decided to watch TV instead after quite a heavy week of gaming.

Yeah, take a break from all that gaming granddad. Put your feet up, kick your slippers off and light up that pipe and... relax. wink

What game's next on the list then? I gotta say I'm surprised to admit Second Son has me interested but not enough just yet to invest in the PS4. One day I'll get one tho. Maybe when the PS5 comes out eh? tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Apr-14 07:58:01
Print Post

Finished it last night and have to say its the best looking game I have ever played. Killzone Shadow Fall had amazing vistas, but this game is all about definition. Even when you have climbed 500ft up a skyscraper and look down, everything is beautifully clear.

It had a few dodgy moments. Once I carried out an orbital drop and afterwards there were around 10 pedestrians spinning in circles on the spot. As I ran around pushing each one they returned to normal behaviour, but at least it showed they were all performing to individual AI! There was also a couple of times where I seemed to get semi snagged under a building ledge or similar, but for the scale of the place, it was nothing.

As you say, it's a fantastic game with a well worked soundtrack too. When it got to the end and told me to clear the city completely before re-playing in an evil mindset, I was happy to oblige. It's been a long long time since a game has made me want to do that.

9/10 for me. smile

If the rumoured GTA online looked like this I would be an extremely happy chappy indeed.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Apr-14 08:39:33
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Apart from my post that is the first gaming post in 7 days which quite frankly is ludicrous and this forum needs renaming The Park 2.wink.

Glad you liked it mate,if you want a gem of a little game for your Vita then pick up Euphoria Adventures in the Playstation mobil section,slip on some headphones and play a very well thought out strategic game with nice music and a fair challenge as you progress.

Now roll on May and Wolfenstein and Watchdogs wink

Edited by time2die (Mon 21-Apr-14 08:44:22)

Print Thread

Jump to