Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Apr-14 16:53:39
Print Post

Xbox One Install times...Slow or what

[link to this post]

I spent about 1 hour last night with the Xbox one telling me I was logged in but not showing half the menu including my pins .

Ran internet connection test which told me all was ok and I was connected but yet still wouldn't download the update required and I gave up.

Now today thought I would try again and all seems fine apart from taking 45 minutes to download a 500 mb update which quite frankly is ludicrous .

Downloaded peggle 2 and that took over 1 hour,Microsoft really needs to sort these download speeds and install times because it's becoming a chore and another major disappointment with this machine.

With all the bad press you would think they would be bending over backwards to get this Xbox One on track.
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Sat 05-Apr-14 17:49:54
Print Post

Re: Xbox One Install times...Slow or what

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

To be honest mate the only time i've experienced slow download times have required me to reboot my router, seems to be a connection problem between the xbone and router, have to see if it happens with my new home hub 5!!
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sat 05-Apr-14 20:06:39
Print Post

Where's teh cloud when you need it ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zrerz
(committed) Sun 06-Apr-14 00:28:21
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

hope you have better luck than I did, my HomeHub 5 constantly buffers/slows down on Xbox one and PS4, so just moving to PlusNet soon, hopefully better quality service than BT.

zrerz.
PlusnetFibre
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Apr-14 01:40:20
Print Post

[re: zrerz] [link to this post]

Plusnet are BT in Disguise so don't count your chickens ?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Apr-14 01:42:42
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

So you are still around matey wink thought that comment would bring you on the boards wink.

Had some problems with Xbox One Friday night,said i was connected yet when i clicked on Titanfall it kept on constantly going back to the Dashboard and said connect to Xbox Live ……Whatever ?

Anyway gave up after 60 minutes and stuck me Modern console on……Playstation 4 tongue
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Apr-14 01:52:26
Print Post

Oh please don't get me going but being honest my downloads have always been good on Xbox live .

Install times are ridiculously slow and i don't see that changing .

I did actually use my Xbone the other day , half my dashboard was missing also but Battlefield worked and i got a couple of hours with my friends on the new maps . I could not play any longer , as the rubber banding was giving me motion sickness .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Apr-14 09:55:43
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

rubber banding Bert ? What you mean matey wink

Hey Bert on a serious note,have you considered selling it and getting the other one on the market.
Standard User zrerz
(committed) Sun 06-Apr-14 13:23:13
Print Post

I know, but they are run so differently from BT, just using BT for cash and finance stability, otherwise, independent and so much more helpful in every way.
I've had a year of hell with BT, thanks to home hub 5 buffering everything, so looking forward to changing to a new modem/router and decent firm.

zrerz.
PlusnetFibre
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Apr-14 13:32:26
Print Post

[re: zrerz] [link to this post]

Yeah I'm generally bombarded with offers of BT for Fibre and time after time I refuse even though they give me all the sales banter,I pay a premium for my Fibre connection and could generally get a similar deal from BT for less than half what I pay now with apparently no download restrictions.

I have thought hard and long but previous problems with trying to sort out basic phone line problems in the past taking hours of phone calls to call centres not in this country really took a massive toll and caused so much stress I would never use BT .

Personally I think they are one of the worse UK company's ever to exist with a terrible reputation,the whole organisation needs ripping apart and started from scratch and build a reputable customer service facility with people that actually solve problems rather than cause even more.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to