Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Apr-14 12:47:37
Print Post

Me likey Titanfall

[link to this post]

Ok addiction has kicked in and am enjoying the game and extra movement freedom.

Loving the slickness (none of the stutter of Battlefield 4, which does look like a big patch is needed on Xbox One).

Detail wise, maps have lots of detail and the get to drop ship when you lose is a nice end of game twist to ramp up the fun.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Apr-14 13:16:35
Print Post

Re: Me likey Titanfall

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I must revisit and spend some more time with it because Jorkila also sings its praises and enjoys it very much.

Don't get me wrong i was blown away by the game initially,but only a week or two later i have moved away from it and have prepared to play other stuff like Infamous Second Son which i hammered.

I think all that Titanfall needs is a few more game modes and its the full package.

Its always going to run a lot smoother than bug ridden Battlefield based on the size and the scope and amount of players in Battlefield opposed to whats on offer in Titanfall……..6 V 6 Max wink

Edited by time2die (Mon 14-Apr-14 13:18:09)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Apr-14 16:04:31
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Have only played attrition so far, i.e. deathmatch

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(committed) Mon 14-Apr-14 16:49:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I bought the season pass when i bought titanfall and there's some new maps out next month i believe.
Apparently there's some new game modes on the way which won't require the season pass which is a nice touch i thought!!
My game mode of choice is last titan standing but it's essential that you don't go lone wolf or else you'll be toast in seconds lol!! If I'm playing on my own then hardpoint domination is also very good!!
Glad you're enjoying it matey with a bit of luck Timey will be able to push that old Ps4 of his aside and give Titanfall another go!!
Add me by the way "Jorkilabra"

Edited by jorkila (Mon 14-Apr-14 18:10:44)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Apr-14 18:06:38
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

I not really into sports type games but when i watched that new Trials game i was impressed so thats on its way as i speak.wink

Im desperate for Watchdogs and Wolfenstein.crazy
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Mon 14-Apr-14 18:10:11
Print Post

I'll be getting it via the US store wednesday mate wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Apr-14 18:14:56
Print Post

Played it this afternoon for 30 minutes and you are not going to like this…..It bored me to death ?

Very strange that this game i adored in the beta and yet the finished article and full retail game fails to impress and immerse me in the same way it does you.

Think after switching to Infamous and playing that then reverting back to Titanfall it shows all its shortcoming and its not the game i thought it would be.

Don't get me wrong its a decent game and i can understand why people would like it,but if there were a lot more games out I'm sure i would be tempted to trade it in if I'm honest as its just a Coaster in my household.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Apr-14 18:17:55
Print Post

Yeah but i get the retail copy Tuesday wink

If i would have known you were getting it i would have gone for the inferior Xbox One version tongue so we could see each others scores and the fact it has multiplayer and leaderboards.

next time give me the heads up on what you buying mate wink

Saying that Watchdogs and Wofenstein are for the playstation 4 without doubt regardless smile

Edited by time2die (Mon 14-Apr-14 18:18:52)

Standard User jorkila
(committed) Mon 14-Apr-14 18:27:53
Print Post

As in tomorrow? Didn't think the retail version was out until friday matey!!
Didn't think this would be one to interest you to be honest!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Apr-14 19:31:09
Print Post

It's a Worldwide release on Wednesday mate but mine shipped from you know who this morning,I'm not normally into this sort of stuff mate but I really liked the look of it and I'm hoping I have the patience to give it a decent try out.

My only gripe is I downloaded a Trials game for the 360 a few years ago,played it for 20 minutes and again moved on to something else .

Patience isn't a virtue I was born with and it's pretty obvious by my gaming history I favour the shooting type games for sure.

I will buy The Last Of Us for the Playstation 4 this June without Question .
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to