Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 24-Apr-14 03:48:36
Print Post

xbox 360 E

[link to this post]

wow I missed my chance to get a slim.

This new E model has replaced which E stands for economy as the AV composite port is stripped off (I use that for my monitor).

S models going for premium £300+.

Used console could be banned frown

My current 360 started freezing up, so will probably try to make a deal with a family member, I buy them a new E for their slim.

Or is there reasonably priced new S models anywhere?

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 24-Apr-14 03:48:53)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 26-Apr-14 11:15:09
Print Post

Re: xbox 360 E

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

found one at shopto, they claiming its a S model.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Apr-14 16:24:08
Print Post

Not something that I would be interested in buying mate,as you know as soon as something new arrives I generally ditch the old stuff...

Problem is until May the support for both Xbox One and Playstation 4 in way of games has been very poor,even the store updates each week offer nothing on the new platforms worth getting excited about.

They both really need to get there act together as I'm going to say it once again,there was no need to jump in and buy launch consoles apart from say about 1 week of fun playing Resogun and a few hours playing with the new dashboard on the Playstation 4....that's about it,and like I say both consoles are virtually unused electrical items at present ,sitting gathering dust.

Have no interest in Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadowfall or the new Metal Gear Solid game,dead rising 3 on Xbox One is total garbage,and I don't play garden warfare so I have plenty to trade.

Unfortunately I have to visit Game to do that and for that I need a load of new games to be released,since I have Wofenstein and Watchdogs on pre order I think it will be wintertime before I trade in the above mentioned games .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 28-Apr-14 01:08:25
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I did post my thoughts in this early, and I may have come across as anti next gen console but was just my viewpoint.

That is I buy consoles for the content, not the hardware, in the past powerful consoles have failed because lack of content, neo geo prime example of that, powerful for its time, but pricing and lack of content meant it failed.

There is far too much content on my xbox360 digital account and physical games I own to 'not buy a replacement'. If the xbox one was BC, I would have very likely brought a xbox one now instead of a replacement 360, the lack of BC seems a really dumb decision from both sides in my opinion. BC removes the pressure of needing new content as then all old content still works. But its down to greed, as they will relaunch classic 360/ps3 games in defenitive versions on these new consoles at some point to make more money. The argument that BC adds too much cost and as such will reduce sales I udnerstand, to me the solution would be to see 2 versions of the console, one with BC and one without, then let the market decide.

I think developers are been cautious with next gen for a few reasons, the wii-u's failure will be making them passive over the next gen consoles, there is an obvious higher cost of development as next gen console owners will probably be fussy about graphics detail which adds to development cost, can see here how older consoles still selling.

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLog...

There is still very large userbases for previous gen larger than next gen so games will still be made for those platforms from 3rd party publishers. In fact sony win here, they supported the ps2 right up until last year it was still been made. Whilst microsoft's reputation isnt so good, they dropped the original xbox very quickly after the launch of the 360.

Indie developers who published their games on the xbox marketplace, I wonder how they feel that their games cannot be sold to xbox one users unless they develop a new version? will they be happy about that?

My early prediction was that pn the ps4 and xbox1 that FPS would thrive, sports would thrive and aside from the odd exception such as gTA games and final fantasy games, other genres will suffer, ironically next gen is clearly going to help PC gaming as now PC ports will be better quality due to the same x86 architecture and the higher spec of the consoles, there is also quite a few console gamers who have got a PC now as they have got sick of the console marketing practices.

New games will come for sure, there is a lag right now as its within a year of launch, but I think low budget titles and non FPS/sports games will decline significantly.

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Mon 28-Apr-14 20:36:40
Print Post

Even with the shortage of games Sony have sold 7 million consoles in 5 months so it's hard to say they have done anything wrong.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Apr-14 00:26:34
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

And once the likes of triple AA games like watchdogs and wofenstein amongst others turn up that figure will certainly get even higher.

Personally Watchdogs was my number one choice for a game with my launch Playstation 4 but as we all know that game and the likes of Drive Club where put back and delayed.

Drive Club was suppose to be a free game for playstation plus subscribers and both these games at the time of writing where possibly one of the reasons the likes of me went straight in for a launch console.

Do i regret buying them……..No……..Could i have waited given the amount of decent games on the new next ten systems………Yep .

I was only saying the other day that all 3 of these next generation consoles hardly gets touched,apart from a week with Titanfall and a week with Plants garden warfare and a week finishing Infamous second son they have stood there totally idle.

I have child of light turning up tomorrow,not exactly my type of game but the art in the game and music look amazing and by all accounts its got some outstanding review score today,many in the 10/10 bracket i may add.

Not bad for a game that costs just £16 on a Playstation 4…….Why its such a low price i don't know ?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 29-Apr-14 02:10:27
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

which is why I said exclusive games will come. Games take time to develop.

Microsoft may struggle more tho since their sales arent so good. But Microsoft do have a history of paying for exclusives.

Child of light is very cheap, is nice to see game priced decently. Will probably get the ps3 version.

time2die where do you find out about these games, quite often you pop up with games I not heard off.

Edited by Chrysalis (Tue 29-Apr-14 02:12:09)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Apr-14 08:21:18
Print Post

I spend hours each day trolling gaming websites watching videos of games and taking in all the relevant gaming information available.

Been a Member and customer of Shopto.net gives me plenty information on whats coming out over the months,so games like child of light will be highlighted on there website as upcoming with the latest developers video of the game in question.

Should have it later today so i will tell you what i think of it later wink

Do you own a iPad mate by the way smile or anything ISO related. if the answer to this question is Yes then download a game called Monument Valley .

Its a puzzle type game but probably one of the nicest games to grace a iPad …Simply Beautiful

Edited by time2die (Tue 29-Apr-14 08:26:35)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 29-Apr-14 10:29:49
Print Post

no ipad and I am not a fan of touch interfaces for gaming.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 29-Apr-14 11:12:22
Print Post

well got a 360 I cant use, they sent the E, even tho they advertising the S on their ebay page. I guess was too good to be true but shopto should know which product they selling.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to