Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 28-Apr-14 12:36:09
Print Post

dark souls 2 - glad I waited for pc version

[link to this post]

review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnLAw8cTXKw

on my ssd its 1 sec loading screens.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Apr-14 13:20:02
Print Post

Re: dark souls 2 - glad I waited for pc version

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Way to deep for me after i originally played the very first game…….My god was that a tough game and very frustrating constantly dying over and over again.

Got Child of light in the next few days so that will keep me busy for a day or two wink
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 28-Apr-14 13:20:43
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I blocked the game in the firewall already, dont want any of the pvp rubbish. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 28-Apr-14 13:23:20
Print Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_of_Light

looks interesting, is any good gameplay footage you know off?

found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_DxgSX3TE4

so is turn based. has my interest.

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 28-Apr-14 13:26:37)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Apr-14 15:02:54
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Now you have highlighted it's turn based it's sort of got me wandering have I even got the patience fir this even.

I just really do like the way it looks,not sure if I'm going to enjoy the game though,since the special limited edition only cost £16 something from shopto I shall let it arrive regardless,if I'm interested 20 minutes later is another story for another time.

I don't like complex games with difficult controls or frustrating combat menu systems,so I'm hoping this has clear precise instructions so it doesn't become impossibly difficult and awkward to master.

Turn base games don't really do it for me ,that's why I stopped playing final fantasy games many years ago ,I hate it when you are progressing through a level and every 20 seconds your forced to fight in a turn based arena.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 29-Apr-14 02:18:44
Print Post

its not true turn based. Looking at the gameplay video there is a real time turn meter, meaning you cant sit there picking what to do, so I would consider it a hybrid turn based game. True turn based games are rare now days, lost oddysey is the last one I played.

If you willing to try rpg's but hate slow pace nature of turn based games, the tale games are action jrpg's ie. they not menu driven games, they are action based. Star ocean 4 is also a action jrpg. Problem is those games are last gen so you now cant play them.

The next final fantasy game which will be on ps4 is probably a action game with rpg elements, square enix are moving away from menu drive in final fantasy. Final fantasy 13-3 is barely any menus in the battles, with instead commands mapped to buttons for real time action.

Print Thread

Jump to