Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-May-14 17:31:48
Print Post

Wolf arrives but I wish it hadn't ...oh my God....

[link to this post]

Now eventually after spending 5 hours downloading the patch I have checked out the game and I'm gob smacked how dreadful this game looks and plays.

Let's start with the graphics....sub Playstation 2 standard at best and for me anyway I was bored to death after just 20 minutes of playing it.

I ended up playing the 1 st hour and that's when the intro for the game starts and that's where my time spent playing this junk finishes.

Honestly I'm totally bemused at how they make a game look really intense and interesting with all the previews and peoples videos and it ends up looking like this garbage.

The guns don't even feel like guns and the poly count of those weapons is obviously really low,if you have a next generation console you will be extremely disappointed by this game based on its looks and feel alone never mind the rest of it.

I said to Nelly 12 months ago that this game looked like utter garbage and I didn't have the slightest interest,yet watching it over the last 3 months had me do a complete 360 turn around and my oh my do I wish I had stuck with my instinks and left this well alone.

I'm going to try and play it again this evening if I can stand the pain,but on my first impressions I would struggle to give this game anymore than a 5/10 and that's generous.

If your not into graphics and games looking and playing real nice then I guess some will like it,another clue is the game doesn't have a single review and I generally smell a rat when this happens apart from the well know developers who tend to also have embargoes but they still lift them a week or two before release apart from COD which is a few days..

I'm totally lost for words here to be honest ,because never in my wildest dreams did I think for 1 minute I would be posting negativity like I am regarding a game that I have also been shouting about.

If you like your games to look really good with decent graphics and sound then steer well clear of this.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-May-14 17:49:29
Print Post

Re: Wolf arrives but I wish it hadn't ...oh my God....

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'm totally lost for words here to be honest ,because never in my wildest dreams did I think for 1 minute I would be posting negativity like I am regarding a game that I have also been shouting about.

Blimey, so am I mate.

It looked nice in all the vids! crazy
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-May-14 17:50:54
Print Post

Mind you, I did read something yesterday about a video showing how terrible the AI was, but it got taken down before I could watch it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-May-14 17:54:37
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Well you made the right decision mate wink.

To be honest Nell I'm extremely hard to please but I did expect more from this game,oh and yeah the AI are a joke .
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-May-14 18:11:46
Print Post

Games ought to be better covered by consumer law. If it doesn't look as good as the "polished" marketing vids, you should be able to throw it back at them.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-May-14 19:14:01
Print Post

Do they ever look that good??

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-May-14 19:36:27
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

No Swanny most of them don't do they,what's hard to believe now with the upcoming Watchdogs is the fact some early people with review copies of the game say GTA5 looks better in daytime but Watchdogs shines on the Night settings.

If you ask me based on my initial thoughts if Wolf it would be that this was developed for the 360 and Playstation 3 and ported over because this is as far away from next gen then you can imagine.

I may be sounding a little harsh here and iraniangiraffe may offer a different view as he has the game on a Xbox One and I will be interested to see what his initial thoughts are regarding this.

If I thinks it's awesome or really good I'm going to have to come to the conclusion I'm seriously getting bored with 99 % of game releases .
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 19-May-14 19:43:22
Print Post

is this same game (but 2009 release on pc?) if it is then its a 5 year old game been ported over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tRr-UHLuw

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 19-May-14 19:45:23)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-May-14 19:50:14
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

No that isn't the game I'm playing,the one in your clip looks way better.mad
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 19-May-14 19:51:37
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

seems is diff game, ps4 footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LzV6B6oF7c

To me it looks as one would expect, part of the issue with visuals is I think the next gen consoels arent good enough to have high texture quality "and" high resolution, if they drop the resolution then all hell breaks loose with all the kiddies.

Of course it could just be lazy development.

Try not to judge a game on its visuals, it does seem like you dissapointed in the graphics, and thats stopped you getting into the game?

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 19-May-14 19:52:48)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to