Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-May-14 10:48:04
Print Post

Steam Big Picture

[link to this post]

being a long time console player , i recently built myself a gaming PC , after my utter disappointment with what Microsoft had done with the xbox one .

Thing is i did say i was going to get a PS4 in the summer and buy all cross platform games on the PS4 as it always performed better than the Xbox

But i now have a computer that i use as a console with Steam big picture service that outperforms the next generation consoles .

Couple that with the games i have been picking up on Steam for silly money and the fact once in big picture my computer behaves and operates just like a console just using my xbox 360 controler , i see no reason to invest in a PS4 except two exclusives , Killzone and Second Son .

So my message to other console users is a simple one , want the best , get a PC and get with what Steam are doing and supporting and don't feel you ever have to use the keyboard and mouse to enjoy the benefits of PC gaming .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-May-14 13:17:09
Print Post

Re: Steam Big Picture

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

No I'm not getting a PC as i like sitting downstairs lying back on a cozy sofa and not stuck up some corner with backache 12 inches from a monitor.wink

Steam has its good points but what games are you buying for so called Silly money,dated ones or games that have failed to live up to the hype on release I'm guessing.

Steam is best for Indi type games and i have no interest in spending all my Gaming time in a office as its a far better prospect using a console and a giant Tv.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-May-14 13:19:23
Print Post

So have you got your PC in the living room with this Steam Big Picture then……Bet the Mrs is well and truly pleased with that set up if you have.smile.

Can not imagine this so called set up your talking about in a small office where generally most PC are kept like mine.

Problem with what you say Bert is you can not play Killzone or Infamous on the Steam Platform so your still loosing out on 2 brilliant games.

Guess you will now be buying Watchdogs for the PC Platform smile So you selling your beloved Xbox One crazy

Edited by time2die (Thu 22-May-14 13:21:27)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 22-May-14 13:48:28
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I am somehow too old for console gaming. I tried again a few years ago but just cannot get on with a games controller.

Barring the odd use of a joystick I pretty much always used keyboards for games. And then when mice came out they got added into the equation. If I could get used to a games controller then I would use a console but as I can't I use a decent spec PC with a 28" monitor. And sitting in the "office" chair using keyboard and mouse (well, trackball nowadays) reduces any back ache or RSI that develops from getting too comfy playing games on the sofa.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-May-14 13:57:56
Print Post

Its what I've been saying for ages now!

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Thu 22-May-14 14:18:32
Print Post

PC gaming is generally cheaper, I played Tomb Raider on my PC and it was amazing and I got it for about £25 on release. Steam also do loads of sales and the games are good, there is some tripe but no different to a normal sale.

I play my PC, well laptop, plugged into my TV via HDMI with an Xbox controller. It's class, it works really well and the graphics are a load better than the next gen consoles. I still prefer to game on my console though and will be buying Watchdogs on console.
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Thu 22-May-14 14:44:53
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Yep I still play the odd game on my iMac running windows 7, it's in my living room next to my arm chair and all on a very nice 27" screen @2560x1440 resolution!!
Even though I do enjoy console gaming, so called next gen doesn't even come close to pc graphics quality wise!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-May-14 15:44:33
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Shutup ya Face tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-May-14 15:47:57
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Then you haven't played the likes if Killzone Shadowfall or Infamous Second Son because they look just as good as any high end PC Game.

I know you only have that very underpowered Xbox One so your excused for thinking what you do Kila wink
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-May-14 16:54:00
Print Post

Got some more videos coming for you soon!

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to