Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 23-May-14 00:02:10
Print Post

20 new Posts……Is that a record ?

[link to this post]

Yeah everybody knows i frequent these forums about a dozen times a day and if your lucky there may be 1 post occasionally and if your very lucky may be a couple every few hours.

but tonight when i looked at the Gaming forum we have 20 new posts…….That my friends seems like a Record wink
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Fri 23-May-14 07:58:23
Print Post

Re: 20 new Posts……Is that a record ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

No I'm pretty sure you've posted more than 20 time to 1 reply in the same thread tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 24-May-14 17:36:20
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Ha ha .....you Clown crazy.

Yeah more like 30 ,mainly to you trying to tell you that you have purchased a under powered paper Waite ,trying to explain that the Playstation 4 is better and has more power hence the 30 posts .tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(regular) Mon 26-May-14 11:04:55
Print Post

lol, maybe you could add more replys by linking comparison videos where the "under powered waites" gameplay looks identical to the uber powerful and superior god of all consoles PS4.

I'll start and give you this one

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/23/5746472/watch-dogs-...

proof that numbers are over rated.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-May-14 12:10:29
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

To be honest mate it's minimal and based on that side by side comparison I don't think you are really missing out on anything regardless of Playstation 4 or Xbox One.

I'm no expert and all I could see to be honest was the Playstation 4 version looked slightly brighter,but did it make it look any better......my answer if I'm honest is it looked a little more natural on the Xbox One....the colour pallet that is .?

Sometimes there is a distinct advantage,like the days of the 360 v the Playstation 3,anything multi platform was way superior on the 360.

We are told the Playstation 4 has the advantage in many ways,but based in that video I would be more than happy with the Xbox One version if I could not acquire the Playstation 4 version.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-May-14 13:32:59
Print Post

my answer if I'm honest is it looked a little more natural on the Xbox One
I saw the opposite.

Unless we are talking about platformers (or you grew up in Disneyland) the bright colours remove the realism. I don't look out of the window and see such colours other than on a particularly bright summers day.

The PS4 version I believe uses ambient occlusion to enhance the lighting, shadowing/reflection etc. and I don't think the Xbox1 does.

That is, it occludes reflections other than those bouncing directly back at the eye. Anything bouncing from a different angle of the same 3D object is cast differently. Hence a more realistic ambience to the scene. That's my take on it anyway and why I think the Xbox 1 footage looks brighter coloured, but it's definitely not my preference.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-May-14 13:57:12
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Nelly I'm not really that bothered ,they both looked decent to me ,I mean you couldn't say the Xbox One version looked shocking along side the Playstation 4.

To my Magoo vision tongue they both looked fine......unless I buy and play both copies and I won't be then a side by side comparison is difficult to make a judgement call .

Did you really think the Playstation 4 version looked so much better,Jorkila will have already put a contract on your head for such a bold statement .

I'm not a Xbox One Fan as you know but looking at that video me personally thought there was not that much the naked eye could seriously notice .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-May-14 13:59:45
Print Post

You said the bright colours removed the realism......crazy did you read my post or what Nell.

I said the Playstation 4 version looked brighter ,and you are saying that the Playstation 4 version is better.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-May-14 14:15:40
Print Post

my answer if I'm honest is it looked a little more natural on the Xbox One
What I meant was, the saturated colour on the Xbox didn't appear more natural to me.
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(regular) Mon 26-May-14 16:02:48
Print Post

As others have pointed out the main difference for me is that the XB1 uses higher colour saturation and to some that makes it look better to others it makes it worse, it doesn't look more natural to me but you could argue it looks better, if you've seen the new reboot of Hawaii Five 0 you can see what they do on tv shows, they have it so high the sea looks crazily blue etc.
For me the main difference was that the PS4 versions car had what appeared to be dirt on the side skirts of the car where as the XB1 didn't lol.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to