Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Jun-14 00:30:49
Print Post

Watchdogs 7 days On ..Simply Brilliant.

[link to this post]

its now 7 days since i started playing this gem of a game,a game that deserves 9s and 10s across the boards and how any gaming site with any credit can give this low to average scores is beyond belief.

Far Cry 3 and The last of us where the last classic games i enjoyed immensely and this in my opinion is right up there with those games and on many fronts even out shines them.

7 days in and i have been playing it at least 3/4 hours per day and i haven't even got to a 50% completion,a game that they say you can finish in 10 to 12 hours,i doubt if you just done the main missions this was a achievable .

The amount of content,side,quests,mini games,online modes is breathtaking,the gun play is outstanding and some of the set pieces and explosions incredible,i love the characters ,the cut scenes are beautifully done and i even think the story is well written even though a few gaming sites have said its week and confusing .

Tonight around mission 9 or 10 of act 2 i had the most amazing firefight it literally blew me away,I'm totally blown away by this game which may surprise a few people on here,i literally love the panic situation the game creates when you are been told that you are been hacked and invaded and you need to find the perpetrator within a time limit before he/she steels your data.

It all comes together so streamlined and Watchdogs is a shining example of how to make a outstanding game,i much prefer this over GTA5 anyway and personally i think its way better.

Graphics to me are brilliant and i just don't get the complaints and the negativity that has been shown to this superb open world game that has me totally addicted to it.

And when I've finished it eventually I'm going to be doing it all over again because I'm in love with Watchdogs and it has rekindled my love and passion for gaming.
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Wed 04-Jun-14 08:06:19
Print Post

Re: Watchdogs 7 days On ..Simply Brilliant.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Well I'll pretty much second everything you have to say about this game matey!!

It really is a class act, I've started going out of my way to do the side missions/quests purely to make the game longer.

I think I'm still under 20% progression and I'm only part way through act 2, I've been putting 2-3 hours in for the last couple of evenings when the enemy has gone to bed wink

Without a shadow of a doubt even though I'm still enjoying pretty much all the games I own on my Xbone this is most definitely the game of the generation so far!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Jun-14 08:36:57
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Finally Kila we agree on what makes us happy Gamers happy,I'm going to tell you something which may sound quite stupid,i have hacked into most of the Ctos towers and the map is brimming with stuff to do and it can feel a tad over whelming .

When i have a fantastic game and i feel that i have done things slightly the wrong way like doing the above i get the urge to start the game from scratch even though for the next week I'm going to be seeing most of the same stuff.

But even though the missions are the same the approach can be different,so i may just reset it and start all over even though I'm only half way through i just absolutely look forward to putting the game on and getting lost in it for hours.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 04-Jun-14 16:01:18
Print Post

I don't think there is any point in replaying sandbox games, you can do everything in one through play through and it doesn't matter what order you do stuff in. There isn't really anything you can do better, other than play good or evil. If you have played evil it's easy to get your reputation up by doing a couple of the "save a citizen" side missions.

I'm up to 27% progression now, on mission 10 Act 2 I think it is. It's a good game I am enjoying it, but I don't find myself thinking "I can't wait to get home and play Watchdogs tonight". Certainly not the killer next gen game I was hoping for, but it's a good game smile

Just my opinion though, you two guys seems to really love it which is great. My old housemate has it too and feels very similar to me about it.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 04-Jun-14 16:02:25
Print Post

And yea I guess you can approach them differently, but there are like 42 missions so if you feel that you have gone in a bit "gung ho" then just make sure you play the next few stealthy. I think it would be boring to replay a sandbox game, there is so much to do in them that it will take a good 40 to 50 hours to complete it anyway!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Jun-14 17:25:20
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

It's certainly split opinions and didn't get anywhere near the high scores I expected ,but it's met my expectations regardless,the reason I started it from 50% is I don't ever want it to finish and I'm completely blown away every time I play it.

I could have easily come on here and said it's not met or lived up to the hype and my expectations which in most cases I do.

I don't sing the praises of many games but in my opinion Watchdogs needs high praise indeed ,and for those also who are not blown away from review scores across the many gaming sites ,take it from me it's one of the best open world games I have ever played and it's simply amazing.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 05-Jun-14 07:37:12
Print Post

The only problem I have with it is the driving. Yes you get used to it, but that makes it doable, not overly enjoyable.

And it really needs friend invasion for me to get to the end of it, or I can imagine myself moving on to something else halfway through. Aint been on for a while what with work and stuff and although I keep thinking about sticking it on, I havent actually got around to it. Maybe this weekend I will fall in love with it again.

But I was expecting friends to be hacking me and still feel robbed to a certain extent. I have two regular gaming partners who have refused to buy it for that same reason. With a young family you don't have a ton of free time to spend on sandbox games and seeing as the main MP is rather convoluted, they''re not bothered about buying it. frown
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 05-Jun-14 07:53:03
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Then they are missing out on a brilliant game,the more you play it Nelly the better it gets and personally after i slated the driving it improves with the perks and skill points you unlock and its better than GTA5.

Have you tried the digital trips like Spider,there are even custom modes made by other players of certain games.

And may be a future patch will give us the friends invasion we require,but even though that would have been a great additional feature its no Game Breaker.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Jun-14 10:26:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
The only problem I have with it is the driving. Yes you get used to it, but that makes it doable, not overly enjoyable.

I hope they fix that. In GTA V the drivings perfect and great fun, you can spend all of your time just racing and never do anything else

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Thu 05-Jun-14 12:21:58
Print Post

I genuinely have no issue with the driving at all smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to