Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 18-Jun-14 11:42:17
Print Post

Watchdogs E3 graphics

[link to this post]

The E3 stuff wont go away.

Its been discovered that the E3 graphics are still in the PC version, but were disabled, for a unknown reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY13MHHd988
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b43ZlqPvBDs

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Jun-14 13:29:36
Print Post

Re: Watchdogs E3 graphics

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Timey don't watch the above links
You won't be happy that your consoles are struggling to keep up already wink

The way technology is advancing next gen consoles are going to be outdated very quickly. The PS4 is certainly not going to be a good platform in 7 years time

Some nice looking screen shots here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Wed 18-Jun-14 13:50:17)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 18-Jun-14 14:27:12
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

in my opinion the most likely reason is sony paid ubisoft for parity.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Wed 18-Jun-14 16:12:23
Print Post

Looks stunning!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Jun-14 16:55:23
Print Post

In 7 years time Swanny i will be in a old peoples home no doubt wink

If there outdated then Sony will release another ………Simples………Especially as i predict Nintendo new console will outshine both the playstation 4 and Xbox one when they release it eventually.

Nintendo will be first to the market for sure after there not so great success with there Wii U smile

Once again Watchdogs looks and plays awesome but at the moment since the World cup its put on hold,only the world cup could stop me playing such a tremendous game.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Jun-14 16:56:05
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

So does my Mrs after 10 pints crazy
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jun-14 18:19:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
in my opinion the most likely reason is sony paid ubisoft for parity.
27 million Steam users and Ubisoft bins them off for a bung from Sony? You make me laugh sometimes you really do. Watchdogs has had many issues already on the PC. They obviously struggled to optimise it and were likely under pressure to get the game out after an already lengthy delay.

What it actually proves, is that other than extremely high spec. machines, it is very difficult to optimise across such a wide demographic as PC's. So you might summize that under pressure to realease by Sony, they didn't.

No need for conspiracy theories at all.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jun-14 19:20:46
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Anyway I'm completely happy with how it looks and plays on my Playstation 4 .....I Thank you crazy
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 20-Jun-14 01:30:07
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

all sorts of behind the scenes deals goes on in the gaming world, which is why we have things like platform exclusives.

I dont live in your fantasy world where no deals are done and the ps4 is powerful enough to run state of the art levels of graphics.

there is notably now quite a few games shown at E3 where they demo'd on pc's and then the graphics are cut back on launch. Watchdog was one of them, but this time someone figured out how to turn it all back on.

Do you really believe a large company such as ubisoft couldnt get it to work yet a single guy with some paypal donations did?

Now I dont have issues with games not having top of the line visuals, I am not someone addicted to graphics, I always put gameplay first, however what I dont like is bait and switch as some people call it, advertise one thing at E3 and sell another. This is getting more common lately and it needs to stop. I also dont like the backroom deals that go on as I consider them anti consumer, but those will go on probably forever as long as we have consoles on the market.

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 20-Jun-14 01:32:48)

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Fri 20-Jun-14 18:53:17
Print Post

I think that has always been the case, the way technology advances as soon as something is released a few months later or less there is something better. Games will get better and better though as developers learn how to get the most out of the platforms, so doubt we have seen anything close to what these machines are capable of. Have said a few times before just look how fantastic TLOU and GTA 5 are on a 7 year old machine.

I personally am still amazed by some of the graphics on PS3.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to