Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Aug-14 20:47:25
Print Post

Metro Redux Playstation 4

[link to this post]

Out Friday and I need some action so why not.....Destiny out about 10 Days after but I'm not convinced this game is for me and I feel it's going to be November and Far Cry 4 before I get fully excited apart from some game in October called the Evil Within I think ?.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Aug-14 05:47:23
Print Post

Re: Metro Redux Playstation 4

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

dude you have not remembered call of duty advanced warfare with its P2P hosting that everybody seems to of forgotten to pre order .

yeah i know " i'll get my coat "

Honestly not brought any games for console . at all , this year . and not planning too , maybe Destiny if reviews are better than the beta .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Aug-14 08:06:19
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Ive ordered Cod Advanced warfare believe it or not as this year it oohs interesting.mad

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Aug-14 09:30:28
Print Post

I honestly don't remember a worse year for games .

I have a real issue in buying something i already own . Please take note Sony , Microsoft or any developers/publishers that think giving that cash cow one last whipping has this gamer interested.

Been there and done it already and don't feel handing over new game money for a old game is where i want to be going , especially as i own all these games already .

So its official , im on strike !
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Tue 26-Aug-14 11:24:04
Print Post

I was tempted by this but I've recently got Diablo 3 and thought the Destiny demo was darn good as well which is obviously out in a few weeks so will prob get this when it's come down in price a fair bit.

I also played that Silent Hills playable teaser demo on PS4, I have to say that was amazing.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Aug-14 12:26:49
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Yeah i get where you coming from its been a severe gaming drought on the Gaming front this year and absolutely nothing to get to excited about on the new consoles.

Take note Microsoft and Sony ……Don't release new hardware with remakes of old games calling them Reboot,Redux and every other name you can think of ?

I picked up Diablo and I'm enjoying it even though i find the menu so so confusing when assigning skills and upgrades,I'm basically using some of the early ones i have assigned.

When i find a new power it tells me i can not use it with what i have equipped and so on and so fourth so i just give up.

Im not one for spending more than a few minutes working out how to craft items and whats junk and whats worth keeping,i read that i must keep most of the stuff i collect but thats another problem as I'm restricted to how much i can pick up and am told i have no further room for items.
(member) Tue 26-Aug-14 14:47:24
Print Post

I know what you mean with Diablo it can get a little confusing especially with all the numbers everywhere.

Basically the easiest way to do it is if you go to options/gameplay and put the game in Elective Mode that allows you to assign any skill to any skill button.

New weapons or armor each have arrow pointing up or down on the damage/ shield (overall damage you can take and is a combo of things) and health regen, which is in relation to what you are currently using, Say for instance you find a weapon that has 3 arrows up on damage, 1 down on shield and 1 up on health regen then if you swop to that weapon you will do a lot more damage than you currently have and also have slightly more health regen but at a small cost to the overall health points you have).

If it has all 3 arrows down etc then you can safely salvage/bin the item, if for instance you are having trouble staying alive then you may well want to select some stuff that gives you arrows up on the shield part of an armor/weapon to give you a boost on that instead of doing quite so much damage etc.

The arrows are basically the easiest way of telling if the item is any good, there are a few exceptions as it may give you experience per kill (personally I check myself to see if the item I currently have has a bonus to Experience per kill as I like to level up quicker, if not then I'm more than likely going to use the new item if it has arrows up.

Basically for me I use items that give me experience first, then damage and then shield/health and then health regen, if I start struggling and am taking to much damage and dieing or always close to dying then I reign back on the damage and give myself some more shield/overall health stats.
This has served me well and I've only died once which I think is pretty good considering I'm playing on expert and haven't looked into all the stuff much.

This in on the XB1 but I'd imagine its exactly the same on the PS4.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Aug-14 15:59:00
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Cheers matey wink I understand the green arrow skills and the fact that red arrows pointing down generally mean useless weapon smile but what i get totally confused with is when i assign a weapon say a Sword and then when i use another skill Say R2 it says something like will not work with weapon selected ?

So i spend half my time trying to work out what works with what on the menu screen which for my pea brain is far to complicated .

Even when I'm talking to the bloke in the town [iron monger] or whatever and I'm clicking on forging weapons and i get are you sure I'm thinking am i doing stuff right here or what,when he does forge something I'm not exactly sure where it is and how I'm suppose to assign the thing he created.

Never been a lover of these type of games like this and anything that has a stats screen and many sub menus and crafting screens.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Aug-14 16:41:25
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Im totally in the dark regarding Destiny but unfortunately i have to stick with the pre/order as the terms and conditions stated that if i was to collect the beta codes that came with the Destiny pre/order i could not cancel..

I enjoyed all the missions in the beta which there was not a lot of,but as soon as i went into the 6v6 capture the whatever it was apparent to me i could have been playing Halo multiplayer and i just hated Destiny as soon as i was forced to play this.

So in a nutshell I'm really really hoping most of the game don't end up like this 6v6 because if it is then the games going to be traded rapid.crazy
(member) Tue 26-Aug-14 17:22:33
Print Post

Hi mate,

I guess it's because of my character classes I selected (Demon Hunter and Wizard) all the skills I have are sort of magic I guess and so they don't have to be assigned to a weapon, by the sounds of it with the class you have it's limited to certain types of weapon, In that case I'm even more happy with my character class choices as all i have to do is select the skill I want and the ruin and I can use it no matter what.

Regarding the blacksmith you basically go to the train part of it select the item you want him to be able to make and then he can basically make the item for you (but doesn't make it for you at this stage, this is kinda like a blueprint stage and he has just learnt how to make it), you then need to go to the relevant section (weapon or armor) so if say you instance you selected boots before you then go to armor and then the boots section and then you can select the pair of boots and he will then make them (providing you have the required materials and gold) and it will then go into your inventory like before.and you can then wear it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to