Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Sep-14 17:41:04
Print Post

Destiny…What do we think ?

[link to this post]

To be honest i loved the co/op missions in the beta but literally hated the 4v4 mode on mars which to me was Halo all over,so I'm hoping this is not a Halo Clone and has plenty of co/op missions as first suggested and not as rumour has it not as much as was first expected,content is suppose to be way shorter than Bungie first stated .

But anyway my pre/order has just been despatched and it will be here for Tuesday no doubt if not possibly a day before but i very much doubt it given its a major release which tend to turn up on release day.

Reviews won't be out until the game which kind of sucks,so hopefully the hype lives up to the promise and we don't end up been duped once again like COD games in general.

Be interested to see what people think and what type of reviews it gets ?
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Fri 05-Sep-14 18:21:17
Print Post

Re: Destiny…What do we think ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
To be honest i loved the co/op missions in the beta but literally hated the 4v4 mode on mars which to me was Halo all over,so I'm hoping this is not a Halo Clone and has plenty of co/op missions as first suggested and not as rumour has it not as much as was first expected,content is suppose to be way shorter than Bungie first stated .

But anyway my pre/order has just been despatched and it will be here for Tuesday no doubt if not possibly a day before but i very much doubt it given its a major release which tend to turn up on release day.

Reviews won't be out until the game which kind of sucks,so hopefully the hype lives up to the promise and we don't end up been duped once again like COD games in general.

Be interested to see what people think and what type of reviews it gets ?

Like you I loved the co-op missions in the beta (wasn't a major fan of the 4v4 but it was alright, it was just annoying when i played it i was level 4 or 5 and almost everyone else was 10+, probably didn't help that the 3 goes i had at it i finished top of my team and the rest of my team was in big minuses for K/D)
I'd hope the campaign/co-op stuff is fairly large like it always was with Halo, If it's short I will be annoyed.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Sep-14 18:51:07
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

We soon find out in the next few days or so matey wink

I just don't like the play style in Halo games when it's 4v4 ,or it could be me been to dam slow to react and end up totally frustrated....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Fri 05-Sep-14 22:54:47
Print Post

We will indeed.

Did you notice if they were higher levels than you, what I've noticed in Destiny (unlike Halo) is that you can have better weapons than other people, the higher level guys were killing me really quickly and I wondered why, it turns out they had weapons that did much more damage.
I played on my mates account who was a level 10 and he had a weapon that just mowed people down, My weapons damage was something like 40 and his was 100+, With my weapon each time I had either a level K/D or very slightly in the positive, using his the K/D was 3+.
I'm guessing when it's released and everyone has it then you will just play people with around the same level as you and so pretty much the same amount of damage because if it's that far apart as what me and my friend had then the guys who rarely play would be at a major disadvantage.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 06-Sep-14 07:33:18
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

no didn't stay in the map long enough wink
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 08-Sep-14 16:16:49
Print Post

I've just been and preordered it from Game, will pick it up tomorrow lunchtime and probably book a day off later this week to play it properly as I am busy most evenings. They gave me £16 for Watchdogs, unfortunately it seems to have fallen in price a lot.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Sep-14 16:32:06
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

not a lot is it for a game not 6 months old.im not a great lover of Game and there low trade in prices and much preferred the bankrupted Blockbusters.

Problem is with games and games shops in general,they are few and far between and Game can virtually set whatever price they want as they have little to no trade in competition which in general is not a good thing for us gamers.

Playstation 4 and Xbox One games are generally around £10 higher than there previous console versions so what such rubbish low trade in prices,watchdogs should be £25 minimum and i bet you game sell that for virtually the full retail price give or take a few quid.

Actually on the few occasions i do visit Game it makes me laugh at there trade and retail prices,basically a trade in copy of a recent game is about £2 cheaper than a wrapped brand new one……..Go Figure crazy
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Sep-14 20:00:57
Print Post

Yea Go Figure man wink

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Tue 09-Sep-14 09:12:33
Print Post

Yea, especially on new games it will be like £49.99 new or £47.99 preowned lol what's the point?

Watchdogs new was actually only £32.99, so explains why such a low preowned price for it. Perhaps it wasn't as popular or was a popular trade item.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Sep-14 13:31:28
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Anyway Destiny just Dropped,initial quick thoughts later wink

This better not disappoint me like the majority of stuff this last 12 months …..crazy
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to