Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Sep-14 14:32:55
Print Post

Alien Isolation next month.?

[link to this post]

Try as I might I have little to no interest in this game which is literally only 3 weeks away or just a week before the evil within which I do want.

I really can not see how this new Alien Isolation can appeal to people that love shooters like myself,after all there is just a single Alien in this game which is loosely based on the original Alien Film which for me was a all time classic.

I can not see me buying this unless I see raging review scores in advance or once it gets released ,I'm sure it can not be as bad as Alien Colonial marines..[ Nellys favourite] but you never know because games based in film franchises generally fail....Bigtime
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Fri 12-Sep-14 15:54:54
Print Post

Re: Alien Isolation next month.?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Try as I might I have little to no interest in this game which is literally only 3 weeks away or just a week before the evil within which I do want.

I really can not see how this new Alien Isolation can appeal to people that love shooters like myself,after all there is just a single Alien in this game which is loosely based on the original Alien Film which for me was a all time classic.

I can not see me buying this unless I see raging review scores in advance or once it gets released ,I'm sure it can not be as bad as Alien Colonial marines..[ Nellys favourite] but you never know because games based in film franchises generally fail....Bigtime

I think that's why they've done what they've done, Alien is without doubt up there as one of my top all time films, A lot of people love the film as well do I.
I'm surprised if you like Alien film and survival horror game (the evil within) that you have little interest in this, From what I've seen this is a survival horror game set within the Alien franchise, It's win win for me, Although I will be waiting for this game with Diablo 3 , Destiny and Fifa in a few weeks in my games list.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Sep-14 17:41:52
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

There is a lot of things to kill and hack to pieces in The Evil Within and I'm not sure there will be that much to do in this new Alien Film apart from a lot of tension and very little to shoot crazy

Besides name me a film franchise apart from Goldeneye that has ever turned out to be a decent game,developers ride on the name of the film and almost all the time it's utter garbage .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 15-Sep-14 13:59:21
Print Post

I don't think they are making it to appeal to FPS fans, that's not what kind of game it's going to be so if your just an FPS fan you won't like this game. It seems like it's going to be very much about the survival and the tension. I have quite high hopes for it, it sounds like it's going to be fairly unique in terms of the gameplay experience, at one point they said you can't even kill the alien I don't know if that is still the case.

I imagine it to be a bit like a point and click game, where you will be wandering around the ship trying to solve little puzzles or problems all whilst you have a creepy alien breathing down your neck hunting you down. Or it being the equivalent to a film festival film, rather than big budget special effects it will focus more on the development of the survival.

Edited by Jaxx281 (Mon 15-Sep-14 13:59:56)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Sep-14 14:50:52
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

My concern is based on the publisher Sega and the last Alien disaster which was Alien Colonial Marines.

Sega in the days of old were great game makers but publishers they aint mad
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Sep-14 16:15:24
Print Post

Should have been on the disk

And not a new mode counted as Downloadable content which I guarantee will not be free and will cost around £12 .

Developers better hope they release a decent game and not Colonial marines part 2 because if it bombs nobody will even care about the survival mode .
(member) Wed 17-Sep-14 16:49:25
Print Post

From what I've read elsewhere is that Survival Mode will be on disc BUT extra maps will come via DLC.

Either way as you said if they get the main game wrong then I can't see anyone caring.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Sep-14 18:03:57
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Don't laugh.....I'm a sucker for punishment......I've ordered it ,hopefully it will turn out to be good and hopefully we get reviews well in advance of the game.

If there is any review embargo I'm cancelling crazy
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Wed 17-Sep-14 21:06:21
Print Post

The game looks good but definitely best to wait and see the reviews first... from the video I watched ages ago I understood there will be human enemies to kill, so perhaps that could make up for the lack of aliens.
(member) Wed 17-Sep-14 22:57:50
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by astateoftrance:
The game looks good but definitely best to wait and see the reviews first... from the video I watched ages ago I understood there will be human enemies to kill, so perhaps that could make up for the lack of aliens.

There is deffo synthetics in the game and more than likely humans to go with them so their is deffo more to kill than just trying to escape the Alien. (Although for me I hope their is not to many human or synthetic interactions to take away the survival horror side of things and move it back closer to being a shooter as I think that would be a bad move).

I have much higher hopes for this than the other Alien titles, People have actually played the game/demo and said it was very good, Alien Colonial Marines looked very good before it was released but when the game came out it was a completely different game and that left a sour taste in the mouths of people.

I'm not saying this is going to be the greatest game of all time but I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy playing the game when it gets released, I will probably wait a little while for it to come down in price though as when it's due out I will still be playing through some other games.

I'd love and hate to play this and the new Silent Hill game with an Oculus rift.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to