Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 12:54:26
Print Post

Was thinking ? How long have I been into Gaming

[link to this post]

So I'm trying to get around how long my passion for gaming is in years,as far as I can remember my very first gaming device was a Spectrum 128k and the games were on cassette tapes and when loading had a rainbow effect on the Television and a load of flashing lines.

Anybody that walked past the unit if it was on the carpet it frequently crashed,I'm not sure exactly when but I'm guessing late 70s .

Traded Destiny this morning and a lot of other disappointing games,actually picked up Hyrule Warriors on the Nintendo Wii U.....Don't laugh it's a bit of light relief and escapism and a bit of fun.

Myself and a friend an Mrnelster teamed up for a session of The last of us last night,have to admit I was dam aweful and Nelly who has only played it a few times faired much better.

Game is so Dam addictive but so so frustrating when your useless and try and play all Gung Ho or pray and spray mechanics,this game is so focussed on team play but I'm just not getting it across.

Give Nelly credit he tried to be a team player but unfortunate my other mate got segregated from us that often it hardly qualifys as a team effort.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Fri 19-Sep-14 13:07:08
Print Post

Re: Was thinking ? How long have I been into Gaming

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

That's a long time, I applaud your dedication to the hobby! I will definitely be a gamer for life and I hope that one day when I have kids that I can enjoy gaming with them too.

My earliest memory was my Sega Mega Drive, I never had a NES or SNES but my cousin and best friend did and i used to play at their houses. I absolutely loved the Mega Drive though, many happy memories on that laugh I also had an Atari and a shoebox full of games haha.

I think the console I probably spent the most time on was the N64, soooo many good games. Zelda Ocarina of Time is still one of my favourite games of all time.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 13:34:36
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

My earliest gaming was an Atari games console using cartridges.

That was followed with a Vic-20, Acorn Electron then moved into the PC world with an Amstrad 1640 and various other PCs since. Occasionally dipped into console gaming but to date not for long. Just got an XBone which hopefully will keep me going longer - finding the control easier than I remember from previous attempts on consoles (lifelong keyboard/joystick/mouse user - seldom used controllers).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 13:39:27
Print Post

Ocarina what a game Jaxx,one of the greatest games of all time,then we had Star Fox 64,Turok Dinasaur hunter,Blast Corps and Goldeneye [ when rare developers were brilliant] perfect dark,super Mario 64 the first real 3d game ,wave race 64, 1080 Snowboarding the list is endless .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 13:50:32
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

It makes me very sad the fact that I haven't actually switched my Xbox One on for about 2 months,I bought it for Titanfall which I quickly got tired of,every other multi platform game bought since has been for my Playstation 4 based on the fact it seems to have the better version which is kind of surprising given that in the days of the 360v P3 Microsoft device owned and had all the best versions.

How the mighty have fallen from grace which I have said over and over again ,a complete Microsoft PR disaster from the moment they introduced us to the Xbox One and Kinnect ,a device that nobody gives a [censored] about and still today 12 months later doesn't have one decent game for it.

Now finally they have realised that nobody cares about Kinnect and have consoles priced similar to the Playstation 4 without the giant Paperwait.

Game releases for the next gen consoles this year have been really poor in general,and Xbox One could do with a killer exclusive ,sadly that game Quantum Break has slipped into 2015 and I can not see my buying anything for the Xbox One this year.

Now I'm not a fanboy of the Playstation 4 but when you have both devices you have a choice ,and if games look and run better on a particular console then you buy it for that.
I appreciate they might be minimal on the eye but if there is a choice then you make the better call.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Fri 19-Sep-14 14:26:13
Print Post

Goldeneye and Star Fox 64 were amazing games. Also the Star Wars one on the N64 was good too, and Perfect Dark! Same Majoras Mask wasn't as good as Ocarina really.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Fri 19-Sep-14 14:29:15
Print Post

XB1 and PS4 have not released any killer games between them, both sit on equal par at the moment. XB1 sales are picking up pace now they are offering a Kinect free alternative. Next year will set the two consoles apart when we get more exclusive games released. I think both have had equally disappointing starts to the "Next Gen" campaign.

XB1 was unpopular at the start of the year, but more and more people are getting them and forgiving the original issues now that improvements have been made to the commercials and the features on the Xbox itself.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 14:41:07
Print Post

The Nintendo Wii U is sadly missing a quality zelda game,for the life of me i can not understand how these companies that produce Gaming Consoles release new hardware without there greatest game franchises.

Another Metroid like Metroid Prime on the gamecube from Retro would also be hugely welcomed wink

I did spend a fair few weeks playing Windwaker which was bundled as a free download with my Nintendo Wii U.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 14:54:05
Print Post

The last of us is a Must have killer game for the playstation 4 and so in some respect is Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous Second son.

Im not rocking your boat here Jaxxy but if your totally honest with yourself and look at it from a Gamers prospective then you know in your heart that at present the Playstation 4 has the better software and as for sales Microsoft are when i last looked 5 Million of the sales of the Playstation 4.

My point been that Microsoft literally ruled with the 360 it was a console made with gamers in mind,i bought everything on that system,it had one of my favourite online modes of all time in Gear 3 and Horde Mode and for some stupid utter set of lunatics in charge handed it back to Sony who were flagging well behind and struggling.

Microsoft tried to sell gamers a Multimedia device,with multimedia functions that we already had like Sky Tv been streamed through the system.

They lost what made the 360 so successful………A games Division with Killer games and the better Multi platform games to boot.

I know your a loyal xbox supporter Jaxx but look at the bigger picture,i have already praised Microsoft for there 360 console ,work ,games and far superior online service………My Question was there vision……..What exactly were they seeing and why did they not take notice of Gamers opinions on there Original Xbox Reveal,eventually yes they listened but for 6 months they were so so Stubborn and its cost them dearly.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 15:07:31
Print Post

I went for the XBone for 2 reasons.

1) My remote control works with it for DVD/Bluray. Didn't want to use a game controller to control the bluray side and I don't want a separate bluray player

2) The XBone had a good deal going from game with destiny, halo MCC and COD Ghosts.

I did consider the PS4 but it was the bluray remote control that swung it. Never know, if I get properly used to the controllers I might end up with both like you...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to