Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Fri 26-Sep-14 12:54:24
Print Post

Shadow Of Mordor

[link to this post]

I've had this on pre order for a while as looking at the game ages ago it appeared to have the makings of a good game and most of the games based around LOTR have been pretty decent.

A few reviews are in now and it's looking pretty decent

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/26/6254177/middle-eart...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/26/middle-earth-s...

one gave it 9.5 and the other 9.3 out of 10 there are several others who give it at least an 8 out of 10 or 4 out of 5.
There was one (destructoid) that only gave it a 6 out of 10 but from the others it looks like it's pretty decent, Now I never normally take much notice of games reviews but I will deffo be keeping my pre order of this game now.

I just hope I enjoy it as much as the reviews above.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 26-Sep-14 15:53:16
Print Post

Re: Shadow Of Mordor

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

yep not seen a bad review yet not that it interests me wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Sep-14 22:29:17
Print Post

Looks good. I like all things LOTR smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Tue 30-Sep-14 11:20:11
Print Post

Going to preorder this today, just checked the Game website and it's £44.99 plus I think I have a fiver on my reward card so 40 notes is alright smile

The reviews do look really good and it sounds like an interesting game, the Nemsis system in particular sounds cool. Also the 2 skill trees, 1 for ranger and 1 for wraith, I hope you can do some evil things in the wraith mode wink
(member) Tue 30-Sep-14 14:14:55
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

I pre ordered on Amazon for £37. From what I've seen/read the Nemesis part of it is a stunning feature, Let's just hope it's at least half as good as most of the reviews are giving it.
I wish it was co-op but I guess you can't have everything.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Tue 30-Sep-14 15:25:33
Print Post

Wow £37! I hadn't spotted that one, I was just about to preorder it from Argos actually as I spotted it on their website for £41. I really should check Amazon more.

Thank you very much for the heads up, £37 for a brand new next gen game is a bargain, that should keep me busy this weekend smile
(member) Tue 30-Sep-14 17:05:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
Wow £37! I hadn't spotted that one, I was just about to preorder it from Argos actually as I spotted it on their website for £41. I really should check Amazon more.

Thank you very much for the heads up, £37 for a brand new next gen game is a bargain, that should keep me busy this weekend smile

No worries, It's what actually made me look to see if it had any reviews as I thought at that price then something must be up with it but it going by the reviews it appears not.

Although apparently it's 1080p and 60FPS ON PS4 and only 720p 30FPS for the XB1 and although the PS4 is clearly the slightly more powerful console the XB1 version should be able to get at least close to it (like all other games), I would of expected at least 1080p and 30FPS or 720p and 60FPS as if the reports are true then the difference between the 2 will be quite noticeable where as the differences on the others games like BF4 etc are next to nothing.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Sep-14 18:16:57
Print Post

I will stick with Alien Isolation a few days later like next Tuesday wink
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 01-Oct-14 09:19:19
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'm getting both! Alien to play with the girlfriend and Shadow of Mordor for my own enjoyment.
Standard User kamelion
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Oct-14 16:41:33
Print Post

Was Playing it all day yesterday and its a great game. It's very reminiscent of batman arkham city in combat and the graphics are very nice indeed on PC.

Since it isn't available for some consoles yet I won't post any spoilers but I don't think you'll be disappointed (except for that 30fps framerate block of course). I got it on preorder for £20 from g2play

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to