Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Astrocpu
(newbie) Sat 27-Sep-14 21:21:26
Print Post

Best router for Wired gaming?

[link to this post]

Hi, what router is best for wired gaming? What router has best port forwarding, lowest ping etc? I need one where I can easily change NAT but I don't need good wireless performance. Are there any good routers designed specifically for gaming? Is there another name for them or something? Wired routers?!
Thanks,
Ben
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Sep-14 01:39:32
Print Post

Re: Best router for Wired gaming?

[re: Astrocpu] [link to this post]

Best put this in another forum mate as its personal preference really,you be better just asking that question in Google and looking at reviews of routers that interest you.wink
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Sun 28-Sep-14 11:27:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by Astrocpu:
Hi, what router is best for wired gaming? What router has best port forwarding, lowest ping etc? I need one where I can easily change NAT but I don't need good wireless performance. Are there any good routers designed specifically for gaming? Is there another name for them or something? Wired routers?!
Thanks,
Ben

The router should make very very very little difference if any at all. Getting a decent ISP and being on "fast path" is far more important if you want to use the connection for gaming.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 28-Sep-14 16:42:19
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

To be honest router reviews or the majority are little more than plug in, it works and then reword the phrases on the box and sales leaflet.

To do a decent review takes about a solid week with no interruptions.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 29-Sep-14 01:48:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thats why i didn't recommend one,personally i prefer the ease of use of Netgear but i have seen much better routers when looking.

At present i have this BT home hub 5 so i have done away with my router and open reach Modem.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 03-Oct-14 13:09:26
Print Post

generally you want stability so basically any reliable router is good.

There may be some odd one out routers that for one reason or another actually raise pings, or have instability, but I would expect if only for gaming purposes 90% of the routers out there are as good as each other.

But of course this is assuming the line isnt saturated so things like QoS dont play a part.

Print Thread

Jump to