Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Tue 30-Sep-14 09:44:29
Print Post

Forza Horizon 2

[link to this post]

Well I played through the demo a couple of times and I'm now downloading the day one version from the US store for roughly £38!!
I know racing games are not Timey's cup of tea but this has everything I love in a race and to top it off it looks absolutely stunning so I'm absolutely buzzing to get playing this!!!
Any other Xbone boys on here getting this? (no not you Timey) wink
Saying that how you getting on with defense grid 2 Timey?
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Tue 30-Sep-14 14:07:43
Print Post

Re: Forza Horizon 2

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Whats the gameplay like???, Arcadey I guess???. I prefer racing games that are more sim like than super arcade like but not a full sim.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Sep-14 15:28:08
Print Post

I've been playing the demo occasionally for the last week. Have played all through the first parts for all 3 cars and done a bit of general driving. Don't have a steering wheel but it seems to handle pretty well once you get used to it - actually got my first 1st place this morning...

Do you use a steering wheel - have looked up them but the decent ones aren't cheap and would also need something to attach it to - probably too much of an investment for me.

Got it preordered from Game and looking forward to trying out some other cars.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Sep-14 15:32:03
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Been years since I played any racing games but the fact I can actually control it would suggest it is a bit arcady. But you can turn off a lot of the help systems and tweak the car settings. Thinking of getting Forza 5 but that may actually be to real for me as I quite like the ability to get away with things a bit.

What horizons does give you though is a much larger world to play in. You can do a lot of open world driving around europe and in the demo I've found that quite fun - especially as there are other "normal" drivers on the road so you do lots of overtaking moves at high speed around sharp bends, the sort of stuff we aren't allowed to do on the roads in real life.

Oh, and you can also do quite a bit of off road ploughing through fields and forests and the like.

What you don't get is real world damage to your car. You can slam it into a tree and whilst the panels will be dented the car itself will run just fine.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Sep-14 18:24:16
Print Post

I love Tower defence games mate and Defence Grid 2 is a quality TDG ,but £19.99 is a bit of a joke even though I took the plunge.......

I downloaded the Forza Horizons demo which was about 10 gig and took forever,looks nice Kila and your right it's not my thing....

Now if this was Crazy Taxi 2 I might be tempted crazy

I'm not even interested in the Playstation 4 exclusive Drive Club,the game that was suppose to be free for Playstation plus subscribers at Launch of the playstation 4, delayed and now the cheeky [censored] want us to pay full retail price for the complete game .

Yeah there is a free version......but basically it's small change .

I'm hyped for The Evil Within......Bigtime....

By the way Killa ,it took me 60 minutes to get the dust of the Xbox One,that was how long ago I used itmad
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 01-Oct-14 09:21:34
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Interesting, I saw that Defence Grid 2 on the Xbox store and noticed it said tower defence and thought of you haha. I think I will wait for it go in the sale though, £19.99 is steep for an Arcade game and with so much else out at the moment I don't think I will touch it.

In regards to Forza I am not a fan of driving games really, the only ones I have liked before have been SplitSecond and Grid so Forza will not be on my list!
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Wed 01-Oct-14 12:20:03
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
Interesting, I saw that Defence Grid 2 on the Xbox store and noticed it said tower defence and thought of you haha. I think I will wait for it go in the sale though, £19.99 is steep for an Arcade game and with so much else out at the moment I don't think I will touch it.

In regards to Forza I am not a fan of driving games really, the only ones I have liked before have been SplitSecond and Grid so Forza will not be on my list!

Just switch to the hong kong store Jaxx it's about £11!!
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 01-Oct-14 14:33:59
Print Post

Will this come back and bite me on later down the line or is it safe? Does it still work with my existing payment method?
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 01-Oct-14 14:54:47
Print Post

Actually just read all about this on reddit, it sounds like a bit of a pain haha so don't worry about it wink It seems like there are a lot of uncertainties, like what happens when Microsoft eventually block it, will you need a proxy to get on your games etc.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Oct-14 18:13:26
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

You know when I said I wasn't even getting Drive Club.......I lied....

After watching how glorious it looks the temptation was to much even though like Jaxx I'm not really into driving games,but there is a hell of a lot in this one and I want to trash any score Nelly puts on the scoreboard mad
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to