Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 03-Oct-14 13:07:18
Print Post

xbox1 and pc games merging?

[link to this post]

If i have this right microsoft are playing an excellent card.

Windows 10 will run on xbox1 so it can play pc games, and pc's can play xbox1 games?

is this going to happen?

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Oct-14 15:34:18
Print Post

Re: xbox1 and pc games merging?

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Be an amazing thing for Xbox One,Microsoft are trying I give them that credit....
Standard User zrerz
(committed) Fri 03-Oct-14 15:47:29
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

maybe time for me to buy an Xbox one, to keep my PS4 company, have the best of both

zrerz.
PlusNetFibre

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Oct-14 18:01:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
If i have this right microsoft are playing an excellent card.

Windows 10 will run on xbox1 so it can play, hang and crash pc games too and pc's can play xbox1 games at lower frame rates.

is this going to happen?
Corrected that for you. wink
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 03-Oct-14 18:39:58
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

you seem a bit of a platform loyalist.

This is great news for me as (a) it means get to play console exclusives without having to spend £400+ on a console and (b) superior performance not worse performance.

Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Fri 03-Oct-14 20:19:26
Print Post

I swear he means fan boy wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Oct-14 23:07:16
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

No we ain't Fanboys and I hate that term,basically what we are doing is just stating the obvious ,the playstation is the better graphically equipped console and doesn't have resolution problems like Xbone....

And we all now it has the better looking games.....we are only speaking the facts mate and you know we don't speak with fork tongue Jorkila wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Oct-14 01:31:46
Print Post

And I don't think you realise how obvious your posts are.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Oct-14 01:39:44
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jorkila:

I swear he means fan boy wink
He does indeed. But he knows using that term gives his game away.

The fact remains that playing games through windows is a regressive step, not some earth shattering evolution in gaming. Consoles platforms are a completely different proposition to PC gaming. Blurring that line doesn't make sense on a wider scale.
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Sat 04-Oct-14 12:12:57
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
No we ain't Fanboys and I hate that term,basically what we are doing is just stating the obvious ,the playstation is the better graphically equipped console and doesn't have resolution problems like Xbone....

And we all now it has the better looking games.....we are only speaking the facts mate and you know we don't speak with fork tongue Jorkila wink

The PS4 comes out with the higher numbers on a lot of the games (BF4 900p PS4, 720p XB1), but when you actually look at the pics you really cant tell a difference if you look at most of the pics.

Take this image from both

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/1...

Is there really a difference there graphics wise??

It's just how they juggle the numbers against the image quality, look at this one for instance

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1534/153...

You can clearly see that the PS4 blurs/smoothes out/smudges/softens the guys hair (and to a lesser degree his face) for lower detail where as the XB1 doesn't.

No doubt the PS4 reports the bigger numbers but can anyone say they make that much of a difference in all honesty when you look at the pics.

Some are very clever with the reports as well, earlier this week

Shadows of Mordor was reported as 1080p 60fps on PS4 and 720p 30fps on the XB1 when it has actually been looked at its

1080p 30FPS on both consoles (day one patch XB1) although one guy says its 60FPS unlocked on the PS4 and is getting 30-40FPS on it.

Either way there really is next to no difference in it, if it was a film and 1080p and 720p then yes you can tell the difference but with all the other jiggery pockery the consoles do then unless you are playing them both side by side and staring at the screen you will really struggle to tell the difference.

If I and other people really cared about resolution numbers I would use my Master race PC.

Don't get me wrong the PS4 clearly is slightly more powerful and is hitting the numbers easier and if I had both of the consoles and liked the controller and it was a single player game I'd pick the PS4 version over the XB1 version.

Far to many people (especiallys fanboys, for which I will say there appear to be none on here and we are all just having friendly banter) are looking at these numbers and are just assuming it's much better when in reality the difference is next to nothing.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to