Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 05-Oct-14 07:43:48
Print Post

Xbox One Second time round

[link to this post]

Made it pretty clear , when i got my Xbone i was bitterly disappointed with it , the menu system was a joke with main features from the 360 missing or ridiculously hidden in a app system that was slow and ineffective .

I could not even game with my headset until the headset adaptor was realised , it was a mess and should not of been realised as it was .

I was so not impressed , that i built my self a gaming PC and the xbone has sat under my telly gathering dust apart from the odd run out in BF4 .

fast forward a year and with regular updates , dare i say it , its stating to become "not a bad bit of kit ". im even starting to enjoy my kinect and voice commands with netflix is awesome and with the soon to be realised digital tuner for the xbone , it has found its place in my my digital life and is now being used on a regular basis. Being my goto place for all things digital and armchair .

Edited by woweebert (Sun 05-Oct-14 07:49:03)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Oct-14 09:27:10
Print Post

Re: Xbox One Second time round

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Nice to here Bert,at least you layer your cards on the table and gave an honest opinion at the time,personally I'm not interested in all the Kinnect and Media features ,never have been and never will be.

I just want it to be a pure Gaming console wink
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Oct-14 03:00:28
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Totally understand that a hardcore gamer would have no interest in those types of features .

Thing is I have become use to those features and just love the voice commands that I also dismissed as a gimmick to start with .

Thing I believe is that casual gamers are interested in features and functions that are just as important to your average Joe as resolution .
Hardcore gamer just wants to play games , casual gamer wants to be able to do other things as well and allot of casuals have not gone next gen yet .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Oct-14 08:23:44
Print Post

Hardcore gamers use PC's wink

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Oct-14 08:50:21
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Except you wink Hardcore gamers buy games and don't wait for price drops for anything gaming related.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it smile
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Mon 06-Oct-14 11:27:03
Print Post

The new menu system for the dash for snap apps quickly in the dashboard preview makes it even better/quicker for partys/messages etc.

I love being able to change games with my voice without having to go through the menus or changing discs as well, Also if someone sends you a message or party chat etc just say xbox launch when the notification comes up and it will go straight to it, not need to go into the menus.
Saying that to do all that you need a super expensive item for that just a microphone and receiver.

Kinect is actually useful in some games, Asking for ammo/health in BF4 instead of having to go through the menu to ask for it means you can move and shoot while asking instead of just standing still going through the menu and leaving yourself as a sitting duck for a second or so.

'Anna' within Forza Horizon 2 was quite a clever idea as well when I went over a mates house to see what the game was like.

Sure it's mainly a gimmick for most things but if it makes it easier for me to do stuff then I'm all for it and just the changing games and stuff on BF4 makes it worth it for me.

A lot of people think it's useless as the games made specifically for Kinect are pretty darn poor at best, but it does so much more (although as i said a receiver for microphone could do the same thing for what I find it useful for), but since places are selling it for £25-£35 I'd buy it for the game changing/quick launch after party chat requests etc and BF4 helpfulness alone if I didn't already have it.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Oct-14 19:40:03
Print Post

I don't smoke I vape smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Oct-14 20:08:05
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Yeah and me......Banana flavour wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Oct-14 09:19:10
Print Post

Stay away from NY Cheesecake. YUK!!!

Swanny
cool
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Oct-14 20:11:48
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Exactly , froza h2 is just the latest I have found voice command to be useful , can't wait for the digital TV adapter to be realised later this month and have the news snapped in a corner whilst in orbit in destiny .

If it works I really will not need a remote .

Genuinely enjoying my xbone but do so want a kinect for my PC , typing is so last year ..
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to