Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Oct-14 18:49:52
Print Post

The evil within...New Trailer

[link to this post]

How can this fail not to be a blast.

If this turns out to be nothing like the videos and fails to impress I'm packing up gaming,everything I see in this game is right up my Gaming Street wink

Edited by time2die (Mon 06-Oct-14 18:51:33)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Oct-14 22:25:10
Print Post

Re: The evil within...New Trailer

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
How can this fail not to be a blast.

If this turns out to be nothing like the videos and fails to impress I'm packing up gaming,everything I see in this game is right up my Gaming Street wink
Two concerns for me.

1. It's cross gen
2. The video reminds me of the laborious and clumsy Resident Evil 5 movement mechanics.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Oct-14 22:57:27
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yes it has that Chunky feel mate but I just used to love resident evil,not Resi evil 5 but this guy was responsible for the gamecube Resident evil 4 which was without doubt the greatest of them all.

I'm out for a blast and some enjoyment and this seems to have it along with some nice horror thrills.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Mon 06-Oct-14 23:15:32
Print Post

I actually quite liked RE5 although it was prob something to do with the fact it was co-op and played it with a mate, I didn't like the parasite side of it but running around with a mate with a bow and arrow was awesome.

Back on topic I think I will deffo pick this one up at some point, Looks better each time I see it.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 00:04:00
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Its a day one for me without hesitation ever since i saw it in action.wink
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 06:52:39
Print Post

I used to love the original Resident Evil games, but hated 5. It seemed like they had gone for the COD zombies style of flooding you with zombies all at once and I hated that with the slow control mechanics and limited ammo.

The Dead Space style of earlier Resi games worked perfectly and it felt broken in 5. I think as Iranian mentions, it was built with co op in mind and I can imagine it being far less frustrating played that way.

If The Evil Within can mimic the earlier games, slow and tension building, slow zombies with even slower reloading times, then it will grab my attention. As we've said before with many games, a demo would be nice.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 07:26:37
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yes publisher/developers seem to have done away with demos of there games…….Not without question ?
  Print Thread

Jump to