Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 11:59:45
Print Post

Cod Advanced Warfare...NewTrailer

[link to this post]

Looks nice but I'm on the fence.

I'm really struggling to warrant a purchase of this game,generally its a festive must have but the last couple of years I have become totally disillusioned with the Franshise and the direction it seems to be going.

Having 3 developers making this game does not help but it's a reason they can churn out a new Cod every year come November.

I'm getting older with more less patience than ever,reflexes as the years roll by get slower and this game seems to be aimed at the younger audience and not someone of 25 like myself crazy .

Seems way to fast for my liking and even though it's a standard pre/ order I'm not convinced this game will stay in my house for much more than a week.

I could be wrong but it goes without saying that this will have a review embargo,sites such as Ign.com and Gamespot will hype it to death then trash it with low review scores once the retail version is released .

There is also the confusing pre/ order bonus of getting to play the game 24 hours before release,how's that going to work I will never know and I didn't order based in that bonus.

May be its time to leave these type of games alone,MW1 blew me away,it redefined online FPS,but the trouble is nothing has beaten it since and we seem to be going backwards.

Edited by time2die (Tue 07-Oct-14 17:29:48)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 07-Oct-14 17:11:44
Print Post

Re: Cod Advanced Warfare...NewTrailer

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

So backwards I play Counterstrike on the PC for a quick blast

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 17:31:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yeah who would have thought it that after all these years Counter Strike still holds its own.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 17:55:54
Print Post

Well, it is a PC game!

Now with plusnet
Twitter

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Tue 07-Oct-14 17:58:27)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 18:15:01
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Yeah so it is,one that actually looks like a Playstation 2 game at best,saying that in your case it's more than likely got drop dead gorgeous visuals along side what your normally playing crazy.

I'm still waiting for a video of a game released in the last 5 years wink
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 19:08:39
Print Post

Graphics aren't everything you know. Some see beyond the facade of pixel display to see the underlying quality of gameplay; the perfectly aligned synthesis of control methods and the mixing of multiple notes to form exciting musical duets with the visual feast on screen. Or rather, the much sharper monitor that we PC users use to let us feast on the entertainment afforded to us by the powerful silicon based computing devices.

Now with plusnet
Twitter

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Tue 07-Oct-14 19:12:03)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Oct-14 19:21:39
Print Post

Cod is just aimed at 13 year olds these days

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Oct-14 20:27:06
Print Post

Still using P2P hosting for games , that alone , even with out all the other BS is enough to not pre order .

And the fact they thought it was OK to bare face lie to the COD community before ghosts realise , " no more quick scoping " was my favourite lie .

So that's me out , the engine they use can't keep up with the speed modern COD runs at .
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Tue 07-Oct-14 23:25:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Looks nice but I'm on the fence.

I'm really struggling to warrant a purchase of this game,generally its a festive must have but the last couple of years I have become totally disillusioned with the Franshise and the direction it seems to be going.

Having 3 developers making this game does not help but it's a reason they can churn out a new Cod every year come November.

I'm getting older with more less patience than ever,reflexes as the years roll by get slower and this game seems to be aimed at the younger audience and not someone of 25 like myself crazy .

Seems way to fast for my liking and even though it's a standard pre/ order I'm not convinced this game will stay in my house for much more than a week.

I could be wrong but it goes without saying that this will have a review embargo,sites such as Ign.com and Gamespot will hype it to death then trash it with low review scores once the retail version is released .

There is also the confusing pre/ order bonus of getting to play the game 24 hours before release,how's that going to work I will never know and I didn't order based in that bonus.

May be its time to leave these type of games alone,MW1 blew me away,it redefined online FPS,but the trouble is nothing has beaten it since and we seem to be going backwards.

Not really enjoyed COD multiplayer since COD World At War, Since then they removed second chance as people complained it required no skill and yet steady aim was left in the game which improves hip fire accuracy so encourages not aiming, oh yeah because that requires skill.
A lot of the maps in COD now is all about hip fire no need to aim down the sight of your gun,
BF4 can be one annoying game sometimes with hit detection but I prefer the fact that you actually have to aim most of the time to kill someone and guns have a lot of recoil etc, Actually requires a bit of skill to kill someone unlike most of COD nowadays which as I said is strafe from side to side and hip firing, That or jumping through a door and shooting or dropshotting,
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 23:49:48
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Once i have that paragraph deciphered i will let you know wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to