Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Oct-14 16:30:17
Print Post

Cod Advanced Warfare…Should we be worried.

[link to this post]

Game ships in less than 3 weeks today so why are we seeing limited stuff regarding this game and where is this 4th Game mode called Hell spawn which is kind of a Zombie mode [rumour].

With just 3 weeks left you would have thought the promotion of this game would be going through the roof,unless we are going to get bombarded in the next few weeks is anyones guess.

I don't remember less about Cod Games in the past and generally a month before release we know everything.

Edited by time2die (Tue 14-Oct-14 16:31:07)

Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Tue 14-Oct-14 18:27:34
Print Post

Re: Cod Advanced Warfare…Should we be worried.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I watched a multiplayer video of it yesterday and if I'm honest I couldn't have been more under whelmed!!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Oct-14 19:37:31
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Yeah only some Horde/ Zombie mode gets my temperature rising,it's just tradition I buy them but why God only knows.....Ghosts I traded within 1 week and 5 years ago I generally got really hyped and excited when a new Cod game got released come November..

I have ordered it but I could still cancel ....we will see what the next few weeks brings .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Tue 14-Oct-14 22:43:55
Print Post

I'm all about the co-op in games but as i said before the multiplayer on this one looked pretty naff to me, I really can't see them having 2 different types of co-op in the game but I will be over the moon to be proved wrong as if it has the rumoured hell spawn co-op with story I'll be giving that a go.
I will deffo get the game as I quite like the campaign stories in most of them and the characters in it have me more interested than most games. ( I can remember that BF4 had Bonnie Tyler - Total eclipse of the heard song in it, but I couldn't name anyone in it for example).
I've no interest in the vs multiplayer though, It's all about firing from the hip etc now with no recoil, I like to be challenged in the game so like to have recoil etc so have BF4 for that. (even when the awful hit detection didn't work I still preferred it over the recent COD games, and this is coming from a guy who loved COD 4 and COD World At War).
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 15-Oct-14 09:45:17
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Yup I'm with you Iranian, I think I will buy it for the campaign as they are usually really good and Kevin Spacey is in this one which is always nice. The multiplayer though I MUCH prefer Battlefield. Unless they add something in that is as good as Nazi zombies was, but I'm not holding my breath. Gone are the glory days of Der Riese.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Oct-14 13:12:41
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Gone have the glory days of COD Fullstop...........gone down the pan since the original and best of the series MW...

5/6 years later and it still haven't been bettered ......Actvision and the developers must learn ,move on add something a little bit more interesting,think of some new game modes and stop copying and pasting the same [censored] year in year out.

Ghosts was a disaster waiting to happen and I do hope Activision as a publisher raise there game because people are starting to get fed up and catch on.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 15-Oct-14 15:48:02
Print Post

the problem is the market accepts it.

The annual revisions could probably be released as DLC or updates but that makes less money so they sell as a new game instead, and as long as people keep buying it they will keep doing it.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Oct-14 16:32:10
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Agreed but Cod Ghosts had a wake up call and it was the worse selling Cod game in history,and Cod games in general are slowly on the decline.

It will sell in its droves as you know,I will be one of them that will almost certainly buy it which doesn't help matters I know,we all hope that on release its a lot better and well received than expected .

But we also know this will have the usual hype trail from the likes of all the major gaming sites,great read preview builds and then the normal embargo.

Then on the day of release the game from the same sites promoting it,for whatever reasons will dish the dirt yet again and the game will get the usual mixed reviews and be torn to shreds for lack of innovation and every other reason associated with Cod Games in general.

I don't think they need to reinvent the wheel here,just freshen it up with new ideas,new game modes ,after All it's a FPS and that has to remain as the footprint.

I'm like you ,every year they seem to release a Cod game that basically could have been downloadable content with little or no innovation .
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Thu 16-Oct-14 21:55:08
Print Post

This glutton for punishment just pre-ordered the day zero edition for £32 from the HK store!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Oct-14 00:41:56
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Hardly a word on it and it ships in 2 weeks and a few days crazy
  Print Thread

Jump to