Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Oct-14 00:23:26
Print Post

Sony Network…A shambles and a Disgrace for a paid service.

[link to this post]

Not only have we had the Sony Exclusive Drive Club Hampered with network code issues/server issues and every other excuse in the book we have had the cancelation of the free version of a game that was suppose to be free in the first place delayed.

Im going to tell you why and when i find the link i looked at earlier it will confirm not only what i was thinking but what quite a few other people were thinking as well.

Using the server issues for a game that basically is dependent on it is not a excuse for not releasing the free version to the masses,real reason is the game bombed at the review stage and got underwhelming reviews,basically because the online was fooked.

Now I'm not going to knock the game because personally even in its single player only mode its absolutely superb and a joy to look at and a joy to play,but the fundamental issue here is…….Its online and its not working,well it is for a minute or two at a time and then the usual error online messages scrolls across the screen as your playing.

Not only that i was all set for some The last of Us multiplayer tonight only to find that not working and a Friends list that wasn't working either,thought my mate was not on but he text me to confirm it was not saying i was online and me neither him with the usual spinning wheel in the friends list.

A quick check on my iPad on Google told me the network was down and having issues…mad

Now i can not remember for the past 3 months a single week without something going wrong with this Sony Network,be it a firmware update,down for scheduled maintenance ,down for unscheduled maintenance,down for Dos attacks,the list is endless and its becoming a bit of a farce.

If this was my ISP i would be tearing up my contract and going elsewhere,but what do you do when you are dependent on a single server provider SONY for playing online on there [censored] service.

Im telling you now and i have already said it,yes Xbox Has issues but as much as i bash the Xbox One there online service is way in advance of Sony and they better hurry up and get the server side set up running a lot more stable than it is because I'm getting fed up.

At this moment in time if my best mate and Nelly from these forums had Xbox One then Far Cry 4 would be bought on that system for the simple fact is i know i would not encounter the many issues associated with the Playstation network at present and since its become a paid service.

It actually ran better before it was subscription based and it was free,i really don't know whats going on with there infrastructure and the money they recoup in the multi millions for this service.but I'm telling you now,us Sony supporters that have been having a laugh at the Xbox One and its original reveal and its resolution problems may have the very last laugh because this is quite frankly out of control.

And i wouldn't care to hoots that Far Cry 4 was 900P on the Xbox One against 1080P on the playstation 4 because all i want is stability online and Sony is not providing it.

Just read the users comments below..SAY NO MORE

Edited by time2die (Fri 17-Oct-14 11:35:13)

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Fri 17-Oct-14 11:18:12
Print Post

Re: Sony Network…A shambles and a Disgrace for a paid servic

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah they really need to get their act together.. I have not had all that many complaints but I am unhappy at the moment because of the Minecraft cross buy not working. Have the PS3 version so the Vita one should be available on the store for free, it showed up on Wednesday as free but when I tried downloading it said unavailable or something and since then it doesn't show a free version..Arrgghh!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 18-Oct-14 08:25:12
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

It was the great ps3 outage that led to me getting a 360 and the annoyance at psn issues swayed me on the xbox one.

Was reading the new features on ps4 for new dashboard and surprised this stuff was new for it.

I wonder whether sony won the hearts and minds initially but at end of the day may be different. All it needs is one must buy game on either console

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Sat 18-Oct-14 11:33:25
Print Post

This as well as the controller was the main reason why I didn't make the move to PS4 after the M$ E3 F*ck up last year. I had a feeling that the PSN would still be terrible even with the paid sub and so waited to see what it was like.

Free you expect these things but paid for at £25+ a year you expect much better, Think of how much M$ and Sony are getting from Live and PSN subs alone it's crazy.
It made me laugh a 2 or so years ago when it was rumoured that Xbox Live was going to become free, I was thinking no chance when you think of how much they make from it and what sort of network they need and the costs.

Sony really do need to fix this issue pretty sharpish, no excuses now, DDOS attacks you cant really do anything about but the other stuff is pretty darn poor.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Oct-14 11:43:59
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

£25 a year.....I wish ? It's actually £40.

It's not getting them any new fans that's for sure,and I'm not exaggerating as I can not remember a single week passing by without some sort of PSN issues during the last 3 months.

People know on here I have a tendency at present to favour the Sony console,but slowly but surely my patience is running out.

I don't have a multitude of friends I play online with apart from Nelly on here and Jorkila when I used to play Titanfall very briefly .

So if my mate would consider buying a Xbox One and Nelly on here then it wouldn't be rocket science for me to consider my upcoming pre/orders changed to the Xbox platform.

In today's games market online is more and more popular,but I'm afraid Sony are not addressing there network issues and they really need some considerable Investment in this service which is just about scrapping by.

I say it how it is and I love the Playstation 4 but last night I played my Xbox One and the brilliant shadow of Mordor for a number of hours.
(member) Sat 18-Oct-14 11:53:19
Print Post

Can it not be picked up cheaper online???, Xbox Live is £40 for the year as well I think, but online (cdkeys etc) you can pickup 12 or 13 months for £25 so assumed that PSN was the same.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Oct-14 13:30:22
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Well my Xbox and Playstation subscriptions are set to auto review and they both cost £40, if your saying you can get them for £25 then it's time to turn off the auto renew function and shop elsewhere.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Oct-14 13:43:35
Print Post

I have you in my friend's list and I have allot of friends on Xbox live , next time your on the xbone join my party or invite me to yours , and you will have friends to play games with .

Most of the people in my friends list I have never met in real life , just through gaming , all are grown ups , all are not to serious .

I'm a social gamer , that's why I went xbone , as that's where my friends are , I mean I do have a PC when I want to play games by myself .
(member) Sat 18-Oct-14 13:46:19
Print Post

Not checked PSN but you can deffo get Xbox live 12 or 13 months for around £25-£26 all the time from places like Cdkeys as I use them every year.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Oct-14 16:08:38
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

We just have to have and like the same games Bert,that's the problem here.

I have quite a few friends requests but I never ever bother playing with them,I don't invite them,they don't invite me and so on and so fourth.

So basically I just end up deleting them as it's completely pointless .

Only really chat with Nelly and my mate I have known for years.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to