Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Oct-14 00:30:30
Print Post

Shadow of mordor.

[link to this post]

Well tonight because of the Sony network down again i invested a few hours into this game as its not one of those games that you can just play for 20 minutes.

And what a surprise this game is,its a absolute gem and a joy to play with some of the best combat i have ever seen in a game and I'm absolutely in love with it.

Never in a thousand years would i normally be interested in this type of game,but this game grips you and you feel connected and its really hard to turn of.

Infact its probably one of my favourite games of the year and basically i have only scratched the surface .wink
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Sat 18-Oct-14 11:46:59
Print Post

Re: Shadow of mordor.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Glad your enjoying it mate,

I've completed it now after doing all the side missions and then finished the main story, The only way I can think of improving this game is if it had co-op, If it had that I think it would honestly be one of my all time fav games, Oh and the last boss battle is rubbish and a major dissapointment, pretty much everything else about it is great though.

Oh and I love when a warchief enters the map, You here a load of chants of his name

*Brutak metal beard enters the map

BRUTAK, BRUTAK, BRUTAK, etc genius.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Oct-14 11:53:23
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

I've been watching some vids on youtube. Looks really good

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Oct-14 13:23:43
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Glad you mentioned it mate because it wasn't on my gaming agenda,nice when a game pops up with little in the way of hype and surpasses all though so called big game releases and gets amazing reviews.

What makes this game for me are the combat mechanics and the way these are so well implemented and flow so easily and are really spot on,especially when you tap the Y button to defend,it's so responsive and literally flawless......really loving it mate.

Not sure I'm fully understanding it,but I think it's top notch and it excites me to play it,which this year has been a rare occurrence .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Oct-14 13:27:24
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Well Swanny it's certainly taken me by surprise mate and if you ever do upgrade it should be on your Christmas list for sure.

The production values of the game are extremely high and its combat system is literally flawless,since you like AC I'm sure this game would not disappoint you.

It's my surprise game if the year considering I didn't really know anything about it and generally dislike any game like this.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Oct-14 14:02:48
Print Post

Just looking at this deal http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-with-shadow-o...
I have a £20 gift card so that makes £380 which isn't bad

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Oct-14 16:04:34
Print Post

That's with a years Playstation plus subscription .wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Oct-14 16:16:54
Print Post

Not easy is it. I met a captain last night that seems impossible to beat. It said ranged attacks work best but an arrow didn't seem to touch him, in fact it just [censored] him off and he chased after me. So I lead him into that enormous big [censored] that's been wandering around. Didn't bother him at all he just killed it and carried on looking for me :/

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Oct-14 16:24:55
Print Post

Yes mate it's extremly hard,think you have to rank up and get some perks really before you take on any Orc with a rank higher than say 6....

Generally it's not just the battle with the Orc that is the issue,it's all his other minions in the process,I actually reset my game save as I want to start from the beginning so I can understand it more as I'm convinced I'm not doing it correctly.

It's got one of those maps where quite frankly there is so much to do,not a criticism but you get very tempted to concentrate on all the other side quests than the main story mission.

Try shooting arrows at fires....that generally takes quite a few out if they gathered around it.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Oct-14 16:28:24
Print Post

Yeah you need to lower his alertness level from red to yellow,try hiding in the bushes and try and be out of sight.

But don't you just have to love the smooth combat mechanics and how easy it all flows and controls ....spot on this for me.

Swanny consider the playstation 4,upgrade for The Last of Us mate so we can play online....you can download it later......wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to