Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Tue 21-Oct-14 08:59:56
Print Post

XBone Digital Downloads

[link to this post]

As most of you know due to being able to get games cheaper from the foreign MS stores I've basically gone fully digital with my games collection.

Yes I know you lose the ability to trade games in but unless you buy every game that comes out it generally saves you buying duds anyway and on top of that it gives me more reason to put more time into each game wink

Anyway for those that are interested heres a site that gives you the lowdown on the prices on the different stores and highlights the cheapest option.

If anyone needs any info on exactly what you need to do (not hard to do at all) drop me a message and I'll gladly get back to you.
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Tue 21-Oct-14 10:44:52
Print Post

Re: XBone Digital Downloads

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

That's really cool you are able to do that, there are some huge price differences there! Looks like most games can be had for under £30 which is the price point I like smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Oct-14 19:30:31
Print Post

Makes sense

Very good site. Do they do one for the PS??

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Tue 21-Oct-14 19:57:19
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Not that I'm aware of mate but I do know that it is possible, just not as simple as the
XBone (have to have a seperate account for each region as far as I'm aware).
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Oct-14 20:19:26
Print Post

This is good Jorkila only if your interested in digitally downloadable games and not proper physical retail hard copies...

It may be good for you mate but for me,personally a disaster of the highest order given my low tolerance and patience with games .

At least I have a escape clause with retail copies.......Trade in wink
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Wed 22-Oct-14 16:42:55
Print Post

Nice, It seems weird that all places charge different prices by that I mean I know taxes and currency value mean the prices in other places will be different but if you take say Brazil and the Uk for instance

Most of the games are a fair bit cheaper for Brazil than UK, but Halo and NBA Live are at least 10% more expensive than the UK, surely all of them should be cheaper.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Oct-14 17:45:00
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Welcome to rip off Britain

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 23-Oct-14 01:34:07
Print Post

yeah is market conditions, the uk tolerates higher prices so they charge higher prices.

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 23-Oct-14 01:44:40
Print Post

The publishers can push up the price of the games in various markets to stop people buying the cheaper version- mexico/India are quite popular for cheap games.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 23-Oct-14 14:53:30
Print Post

being honest i have been buying games on my PC from other regions as well , using a VPN , i see nothing wrong with what i'm doing , just as they see nothing wrong with charging the british public more than other regions .
  Print Thread

Jump to