Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Oct-14 14:14:51
Print Post

Eeek - enjoying Battlefield 4 again

[link to this post]

Given dearth of stuff on TV in the evenings, have taken to gaming and dusted off BF4 at the weekend and am enjoying it again.

Seems a lot of the xbox one issues have been resolved.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Oct-14 15:25:12
Print Post

Re: Eeek - enjoying Battlefield 4 again

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I gave up after a week of the games release.madsame thing will happen to Drive Club Shortly also.

Edited by time2die (Tue 21-Oct-14 15:25:49)

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Wed 22-Oct-14 16:33:14
Print Post

Re: Eeek - enjoying Battlefield 4 again

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Given dearth of stuff on TV in the evenings, have taken to gaming and dusted off BF4 at the weekend and am enjoying it again.

Seems a lot of the xbox one issues have been resolved.

I've pretty much played it for a few hours most weekends since it came out and even with all it's flaws I still enjoyed playing it, Sure I may have shouted at some out of region guy who just looks at me when I put in a whole clip of my ammo into him and then seems to 1 shot me.

Since the latest patch where the high ping guys don't get such a big advantage and other stuff the flaws have been greatly reduced.

Sure you get some guys that still run through every bullet you fire (always makes me laugh that I can be shooting at a guy and I don't kill him but the guy running directly behind him I do kill) but there are no where near as many instances of it now, The main thing for me now is you seem to get stuck on some stupid things, For instance I've been stuck on small pebbles and rocks and had to jump over them when I didn't before, On some of the maps you even get stuck on some steps now and have to jump to get up them (I'm guessing this is now an issue because of the changes in character animation/movement.

The frame rate drop on Hanian Resort when the part of the hotel comes down has pretty much gone for me as well, Sure you can still notice the frame rate dropping a few when you are very close to or in the hotel but before it used to pretty much grind to a halt for 20secs or so.

Only took them pretty much a year to fix it but the issues pretty much seem to have gone.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to