Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 25-Oct-14 13:39:45
Print Post

Cod Advanced Warfighter

[link to this post]

I know a month or so back I mentioned the lack of talk about one of the biggest gaming Franshise and I have to say I'm slightly worried with hardly any news and videos given this game is a mere week from release.

Around this time of the year when a new COD is released we are literally bombarded with every aspect of the game ,yet this game has had very limited press articles and generated very little interest.

Now I'm all for this game hitting the retail street date and taking us all by surprise by being a lot better than the previous instalments,but with very little press,advertising and news story's im beginning to wonder that we might have another product that Activision as publisher and Sledgehammer as developer have little to no confidence in there product.

Where are the usual wall to wall trailers through the add breaks which we normally see 4 weeks before release and countless articles about the game.....Zippo literally nothing.

So it's going to be a major result if this releases to generally positive reviews.....I fear the worse if I'm honest.....generally a really bad 2014 for gamers with games really missing the marks and generally been disappointing .

I know Far Cry 4 won't dissapoint and I give high hopes for Dragon Age,but advanced warfighter has me nervous and confused and I pray within days this doesn't become another quick trade in.

Edited by time2die (Sat 25-Oct-14 13:41:02)

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Sat 25-Oct-14 15:01:02
Print Post

Re: Cod Advanced Warfighter

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'm only interested in this for the Campaign and if it's true the hellspawn (or whatever it was called co-op mode, personally I don't think it is), I've no interest in the normal multiplayer (got BF4 for that).
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 25-Oct-14 15:57:12
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Yeah think I'm getting a little long in the tooth and find it to fast paced and frentic for my liking,a Zombie type mode would be cool but again nothing confirmed just rumoured content.

Think if this one generally fails then it should be back to the drawing board for this gaming franchise .

I was only just saying to my mate yesterday evening that normally around this time of the year we get a tad excited about the new Cod Game ,but sadly due to the last 3 or 4 years dissapointments we hardly raise a eyebrow or really care.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 26-Oct-14 01:57:50
Print Post

I would imagine the promotion budget got cut drastically , Ghosts was a financial disaster among other things , earning only 20% of what Black Ops earnt ( which was the best earning COD )

The franchise as been on a steady decline since Black Ops .

I'm getting peer pressure from my gaming buddies to give it one last chance but i'm not in , as i know its going to bumout , and you will be able to pick it up cheap , soon after release .

Edited by woweebert (Sun 26-Oct-14 01:59:07)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Oct-14 16:47:42
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

I tell you now I'm really concerned about the lack of information and general hype for this game and as each day passes and the release day gets nearer and nearer its a concern.

I don't want gaming sites plugging it for large amounts of money and all that palaver just more information than what we have at the moment.

Im guessing we are going to get the usual review embargo and won't get reviews until day of release [another concern]

Just hoping it turns out to be a good game at the end of the day and not another copy/paste with added Titanfall Jumps thrown in for good measure.
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Mon 27-Oct-14 19:24:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Just hoping it turns out to be a good game at the end of the day and not another copy/paste with added Titanfall Jumps thrown in for good measure.

I fear this will be the case and if I'm honest I'll be shocked if it's not, Are they still using the same engine?, They've been using it since COD2 and when was that out 2005/2006, OK they've updated it slightly but it's pretty darn basic for todays standards.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Oct-14 19:29:28
Print Post

Re: Cod Lot

I remember going to Tesco's for a midnight launch for one of the COD games. My excuse is my mate talked me into it mad

I normally try to avoid Tesco's as much as possible. Terrible place with lots of scarey looking people shocked

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Oct-14 20:05:40
Print Post

Re: Cod Lot

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Just watched the first TV advert I have seen while awaiting the footy on Sky Sports,I have to say based on the trailer I wasn't entirely impressed or slightly excited.

Graphically it looks severely dated and this must be down to the same old Cod engine and it didn't look very good....seriously this does look like a copy/ paste scenario

Saying that it's just a trailer,and I have seen mind blowing trailers only to see rubbish finished games one e they hit retail.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Oct-14 20:07:25
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Yeah they are judging by the advert I just watched on Sky.......Game graphics looked poor to me,but then again I have high standards.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Oct-14 20:12:10
Print Post

I don't know why they feel the need to change it all the time. I'm not interested in innovation, that's what new IP's are for. They should have just stuck to the original Modern Warfare formula with new environments.

You know what happens when you try to fix things that ain't broken......Caddyshack 2 crazy
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to