Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeekOfBroadband
(newbie) Thu 06-Nov-14 16:30:24
Print Post

Xbox One Port forwarding vs UPnP

[link to this post]

So I have UPnP enabled on my NETGEAR R7000 router and 90% of the time I have an open NAT and it's fine, but sometimes I get a strict NAT and apprently I hae to restart my router. Would it be any benifit if I added all the Xbox One ports in port forwarding along with UPnP being turned on as well, would that make sure the ports are actully open because I have heard UPnP can not work properly sometimes.

And also, If I do add the ports in port forwarding should I disable UPnP first, add the ports then enable UPnP again because I see it doesn't work sometimes if you add ports while UPnP is enabled. I don't really want to go down the DMZ route because I don't like the idea of all the ports being open.

Thank You
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Nov-14 18:00:05
Print Post

Re: Xbox One Port forwarding vs UPnP

[re: GeekOfBroadband] [link to this post]

Haven't got a clue mate but I would double post this in the Broadband Chat Forum as there are far more people using that forum than the dozen or so hardcore that use this gaming forum.

Sorry I can not help blush
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Fri 07-Nov-14 09:15:14
Print Post

Re: Xbox One Port forwarding vs UPnP

[re: GeekOfBroadband] [link to this post]

When I moved house and got a Virgin line installed they sent me a Superhub Router which is just a Netgear with their branding. I had the same problem where half the time I would have a strict NAT so when I went on Battlefield and tried to search for servers I couldn't find any.

I went into the router settings and port forwarded the Xbox One settings, this fixed the problem for me. I used this link:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwardi...

Cheers, Jaxx

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to