Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Nov-14 11:53:11
Print Post

Assassins Creed Unity..Oh dear

[link to this post]

This should not be happening on current gen systems.

Has me somewhat worried that Far cry 4 may have similar issues and whats really laughable is the fact that the more powerful Playstation 4 has more severe issues than its counterpart the Xbox One.

Thats not a dig at the Xbox One just a fact because on paper the playstation has the edge in terms of graphical clout.

But saying that over the past few months the playstation 4 version of about 3 or 4 games released recently is inferior to the Xbox Ones…..Go figure.

So what the hell is going on here ? and why are these next generation titles struggling in terms of performance on far superior systems that we have today.

Edited by time2die (Tue 11-Nov-14 11:54:05)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 11-Nov-14 13:46:52
Print Post

Re: Assassins Creed Unity..Oh dear

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I will be trying this on a gtx 970, if it has issues then yeah bad optimisation for sure.

Smacks of lazy coding, but usually devs at least try to make it work on on consoles.

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Tue 11-Nov-14 17:50:34
Print Post

Well there's always GTA 5 if those games turn out bad, at least that should be good!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Nov-14 19:16:23
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

That's true but I have already played it,it was a brilliant game aNd it's the FPS mode that resold the package to me,without that I dare say I might have left it on the shelf for a while longer.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Nov-14 20:26:51
Print Post

Cheers for that I won't be getting it until I hear it's ok

This is one of the reasons I don't pre-order. Last time I did I ended up with BF4 :/

******edit********
Been watching some reviews on youtube and it doesn't look bad, nothing a patch wouldn't sort out

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Tue 11-Nov-14 20:43:15)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Nov-14 00:21:46
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Yeah Playstation magazine or similar name gave it 10/10 but the uproar in the comments section says otherwise and called the game completely broken and in some cases hardly playable .

Polygon [[censored] site] very controversial site i should say gave it 6.5 but picked up on the terrible frame rate,glitches and bugs which other didn't care to mention.

Im sure patches may help Swanny but it doesn't say a lot about the games coming out on next generation consoles that we all now own.

Review embargo for Far Cry 4 ends Friday so that will be interesting to see what happens with that game coming from the same developers.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Nov-14 06:38:38
Print Post

Woah horsey.....the article has been updated. It's a total mess on all platforms, not simply the PS4.

This a WatchDogs issue all over again, tonnes of NPC's being prioritised over visuals. FC4 will be fine and technically speaking, a completely different studio?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Nov-14 08:55:38
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah i got high hopes for my Far Cry 4.wink6 days until Elephant countdown Nelly ……..tongue

Edited by time2die (Wed 12-Nov-14 19:13:45)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 12-Nov-14 17:06:55
Print Post

dont you wonder why it got 10/10?

either the reviewer didnt play the game.
the magazine got paid
they dont want to be blacklisted so ignored the issues.
or the reviewer genuinely in their own mind doesnt consider fluctuating FPS a problem.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 12-Nov-14 17:11:04
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
Woah horsey.....the article has been updated. It's a total mess on all platforms, not simply the PS4.

This a WatchDogs issue all over again, tonnes of NPC's being prioritised over visuals. FC4 will be fine and technically speaking, a completely different studio?

adding NPCs to be fair does add to the immersion.

I prefer extra NPC's to higher res.

However poor framerates that are not consistent I dont like, it should either be a consistent 30fps or consistent 60fps.

The industry is a mess. The only solution I see is something like this.

No preorder's.
Reviewers review copy of games they brought, without fear of been blacklisted etc.
Remove all game feature incentives to buy only, such as exclusive DLC.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to