Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Nov-14 01:22:40
Print Post

Far Cry 4 ..Game of the year for sure…

[link to this post]

I haven't even touched the redux that is GTA5 and i haven't taken the wrapper of Dragon Age Inquisition that arrived today,all 3 games take a massive amount of gaming time and all 3 different in so many ways.

But for the first time in 2015 i am actually a tad excited at the thought of actually playing a game and that game is Far Cry 4,its scale and depth is staggering and the draw distance,landscape breathtaking with some of the best explosions and set pieces i have ever seen in a FPS.

Tonight i spent another 2 hours with the game that passed by like it was minutes,again accomplishing very little with 1 story mission and a lot of exploring and generally flying about in my Gyrocopter taking in the map that Ubisoft has created.

Im not going to kid anyone,its Far Cry 3.5 but who cares when it looks this good and is addictive in a way not many games are these days.

After saving my game save just before the Himalayas mission i went back to the menu and clicked on the map editor ,what a surprise we have here where you can play user generated levels in there hundreds ,tested a few out which range from hunting to Outpost challenges and i was blown away at the content on offer.

Seriously i can not see me moving on to anything for weeks and weeks given the amount in this game,even outposts you have captured you get to try them out again for a better score and not setting of any alarms.

The game is pure eye candy and I'm happy just taking in all the views and scenery,jumping of cliffs with my wing suit and stuff like that.

This is as good as it gets in my FPS world and I'm in gaming heaven and i can not wait until tomorrow night when i will play it for the majority of the evening ,and when i do finish it i will play it over again only choosing a different path.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 21-Nov-14 05:57:27
Print Post

Re: Far Cry 4 ..Game of the year for sure…

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

dragon age is a quite a good game, so far I think isnt as good as DA1 tho but its most defenitly better than DA2. But bear in mind I have barely dented the story line, the americans have been playing this for 3-4 days and it only unlocked for me on origin midnight today. Also i locked it to 30fps, 60fps felt too weird. So i am playing it same frame rate as ps4.

Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Fri 21-Nov-14 09:40:40
Print Post

You have me very excited to play it! I am going to install it tonight, I have a friend over so won't be playing it this evening but I am going to play it alllllll day tomorrow (with a short break for the Arsenal / Utd game). I will let you know what I think on Sunday laugh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Nov-14 11:52:51
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Look mate to me the game is pure FPS class at its best,but I doubt very much you will see this how I do,it has a major visual upgrade with a drop dead gorgeous map with added co/op ,a load of map editor user levels to play and PVP multiplayer..

But I'm telling you now ,don't expect any major changes as it plays exactly the same as Far Cry 3 but looks 10 times better,if you were somewhat disappointed with Far Cry 3 then your not exactly going to be singing its praises like myself.

I can not wait until Swanny comes on here once he starts playing it and then telling us all its more of a Far Cry 3.5 and finding it boring.wink

Each day i wake up ,I can not wait until the dark evening arrives so I can load this back up and start playing it again.
Can not remember the last time I was literally itching to play a game so much,possibly it was the last of us.

Not that I have tried them yet but Fortreses are best avoided unless you are with another player as apparently they are rock hard and a real challenge.....

Edited by time2die (Fri 21-Nov-14 14:31:23)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Nov-14 18:49:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
I can not wait until Swanny comes on here once he starts playing it and then telling us all its more of a Far Cry 3.5 and finding it boring.wink

I've already done about 3 hours worth. It's ok smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 30-Nov-14 11:57:39
Print Post

Tried a mission where it required destroying drug crops last night,must have had 4 attempts and this is extremely tough,In fact it's like trying to conquer a Fortress to be honest.

I have now put 15 hours plus into this game and I'm not 30% done,so much to see and so much to do ....incredible game....
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Dec-14 15:11:39
Print Post

Re: Far Cry 4 . Shangri-La missions,

Opened and played both the Shangri-la Missions and Arena mode wink,games just absolutely huge for a open world FPS.

I know its no Dragon Age but this game is a 40 hour game if i ever seen one.wink
  Print Thread

Jump to