Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Nov-14 10:57:40
Print Post

PS4 loading times

[link to this post]

I thought the idea was that the game is partly loaded onto the hard drive so that you didn't have to suffer waiting for levels to load? The idea was that it came fitted with a massive 500GB drive which it turns out is too small so people and Timey's change them for 1TB drives and still have to keep an eye on how full it is.
What went wrong? Loading times in GTA V for example are the same if not worst as the PS3.
And why is the PS4 network worst than the PS3's?

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Nov-14 15:40:47
Print Post

Re: PS4 loading times

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

It's down to the developers to take advantage of it I believe.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Nov-14 00:04:42
Print Post

Good points Swanny and i totally agree with the playstation 4 network been a complete load of [censored].

Myself and Nelly tried to connect for some co/op fun tonight and got constant error messages and gave up after 30 minutes.

Seems every game released so far this year is having online issues,Assasins Creed Unity,Drive Club,Halo master collection advanced warfighter and its lagg and now it seems Far Cry 4 has issues,looked this evening and i don't see that many reports of this happening apart from about half a dozen,seems the multiplayer works fine but not the co/op.

As for the loading times,the playstation 4 is 10x faster than the previous playstation 3 and at least 4 x faster than xbox one

Edited by time2die (Mon 24-Nov-14 00:06:18)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Nov-14 01:18:07
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah i go wash the car , mow the garden , have a shower , eat my dinner and then check to see if my Xbone is still installing my game .
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 24-Nov-14 01:30:54
Print Post

This is because they using all the unified memory for visuals instead of caching content, I think I talked about this a few months back.

Also that loading speed's are also governed by cpu power as well as i/o speeds.

Some modern games tho do have horrific loading times, dragon age inquisition is running of my samsung 850 pro ssd (a very fast ssd) and I have loading times of around 20 seconds in some places.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Nov-14 07:16:18
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

When we do manage to play co operatively, you realise we won't get an awful lot done right?

It'll be like an outtake of The Expendables. cool
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 24-Nov-14 13:51:31
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

the Xbone is really odd, some games it seems to install quick and others it takes an age. When I first got it I installed AC Black Flag and Dead Rising 3 in about 15 to 20 mins each I think it was. When I installed Fifa 15 it took 3 hours..... 3 hours!! It's ridiculous. I think it actually downloaded the whole game, rather than installing it from the disk crazy
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Nov-14 14:55:35
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

whats strange is the fact that the 360 was a breeze and it installed games very very quickly and the playstation 3 took ages,now it seem that the playstation 4 is really quick and the xbox one not so.

Saying that the network on the playstation 4 is now 10x worse than the playstation 3 era and its a smack in the face to anyone that has upgraded and everybody that now pays Sony £40 a year subscription to a very shoddy and unreliable network.mad
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Nov-14 16:23:11
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Being honest , i don't buy games on disks anymore , preferring to swap region and get my games as cheap downloads .

optical media is so last gen .
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Mon 24-Nov-14 16:55:30
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

That's what I was doing up until quite recently but they seem to have put a stop to that now!!
I think the only option is xbox live credit for the different regions but from what I've heard that's very restricted now too frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to