Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 07-Dec-14 17:15:01
Print Post

So much for been a hardcore Console supporter

[link to this post]

I was going to say you got to laugh haven't you,but in all honesty I think I should be saying to the loyal first day supporters of next generation consoles .....You got to cry crazy

Not originally tempted to buy a Xbox One I decided to take the plunge just before last Christmas at a cost of £449.99 if my memory serves me correctly.

That was for a console with [censored] Kinnect nobody wanted included.

Fast forward 12 months and the television is flooded with both Playstation 4 and Xbox One deals.

How about a Xbox One plus 3 games and a extra controller for £349.99....Thanks Microsoft for thanking your loyal supporter base that bought your overpriced product with nothing included with it.

Same can be said for Sony and there 3 game deals at the same price.......Seriously I think it shouldn't be allowed or at best day one buyers who bought at inflated prices with nothing included should get something back in return for there loyalty ,because without the hardcore there would be no Gaming division in the first place .

I know things become cheaper as time goes by but I really do think they owe first time day one buyers something in return for there loyalty ...

Guess they think that millions are not prepared to wait and want the goods yesterday,guess they are correct and suckers like myself will pay over the odds for a product as I'm not prepared to wait 12 months down the line...
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sun 07-Dec-14 21:05:12
Print Post

Re: So much for been a hardcore Console supporter

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Generally big companies do not reward your loyalty so do not give them any in return, do what is best for you. Just look at broadband the best deals are always for new customers, half price/free for X months and a load of money via Cashback yet existing customers just get price rises.

Think you nailed it in your last sentence, they know there will always be people who want things right away. Same goes for game devs releasing unfinished games.
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Sun 07-Dec-14 23:25:45
Print Post

If you were a true hardcore console supporter and got an XB1 you would of got the day one edition which came with either Fifa 14 or Forza.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Dec-14 00:36:34
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

forza didn't come with a Xbox One 12 months ago so what planet you on,Forza got released just 2 months ago.

And there was no Fifa either and i wouldn't have given a [censored] because i hate sports games.

Im talking November 2013 here not the latest deals on so called day one editions that are not day one editions in reality since the day one editions can only be applied to those that bought them on release originally .

Edited by time2die (Mon 08-Dec-14 00:39:09)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-Dec-14 02:49:24
Print Post

Forza Horizon 2 got realised 2 months ago Forza 5 was a day one game ... just saying !

I'm still waiting for the PS4 to have some must have deals , just not quite there yet , hopefully next year , as nether console IMHO are doing any really great deals in our region if you look at the prices across the pond ..

RIP off Britain is my biggest axe to grind ..

Edit : actually seen the PS4 deal from Argos and the fact i can get 12 months interest free credit , think i have found my Christmas present .

Edited by woweebert (Mon 08-Dec-14 02:56:00)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Dec-14 06:39:50
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Forza Horizon 2 got realised 2 months ago Forza 5 was a day one game ... just saying !
It was still a pretty silly thing to say though. If you buy one on the day of release with two games you hate, when you could have bought it without, I would call that daft not hardcore.
Edit : actually seen the PS4 deal from Argos and the fact i can get 12 months interest free credit , think i have found my Christmas present .
What's this Argos deal then Bert?
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Dec-14 10:19:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Guess they think that millions are not prepared to wait and want the goods yesterday,guess they are correct and suckers like myself will pay over the odds for a product as I'm not prepared to wait 12 months down the line...

Bingo

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Dec-14 13:22:17
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:

Bingo

Wings
(committed) Mon 08-Dec-14 14:23:52
Print Post

forza didn't come with a Xbox One 12 months ago so what planet you on,Forza got released just 2 months ago.

And there was no Fifa either and i wouldn't have given a [censored] because i hate sports games.

Im talking November 2013 here not the latest deals on so called day one editions that are not day one editions in reality since the day one editions can only be applied to those that bought them on release originally .

Fifa 14 came with the pre orders of the day one edition of the xbox one console in Nov 2013 I should know I got one with it as did my friends LOL. They also did ones with Forza 5 for people who didnt want Fifa.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/425346/confirme...

And you call yourself a hardcore gamer, I'm thinking Timey needs to have his title removed of console gamer and banished to become a PC gamer instead.
(committed) Mon 08-Dec-14 14:31:23
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
It was still a pretty silly thing to say though. If you buy one on the day of release with two games you hate, when you could have bought it without, I would call that daft not hardcore.
What's this Argos deal then Bert?

Are you saying what I said was a pretty silly thing to say?, If so then

1) It was just a joke as Timey calls himself a hardcore console gamer.
2) Either game was FREE with the pre order of the console so you would be daft to order one without if it was a pre order as even if you didnt want the game you could just sell it for £35 on ebay etc that loads of people did and knock that off the price of the console.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to