Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 17-Dec-14 20:43:59
Print Post

buying a ps4 game but no console

[link to this post]

Will be grabbing a limited edition copy of final fantasy type 0 HD.

I have to choose between xbox1 and ps4.

PS4 more capable hardware.
XBOX1 better controller.

Other than those 2 things tho what are people's thoughts after a year or so of release?

I have read conflicting views from people on the net, e.g. some say the xbox1 games run with better consistent framerates due to directx been a good API and dx12 may be a game changer. But are these just from fanboys? do people who own both consoles on here feel the same way?

Are the PSN problems affecting the PSN store, downloads etc? or just multiplayer.
Which console has the better dash and features? do both have netflix, iplayer etc. as well?
Am I right both consoles only have hdmi output?

Obviously when I buy this game it will only be a matter of time before I get the hardware to play the game, so I want to make the right choice of which console.

Personally it does look from where I sit the xbox1 has better exclusives.

Sony tends to get better jrpg support tho, square enix excluded as all the major final fantasy titles will be on both consoles.

Edited by Chrysalis (Wed 17-Dec-14 20:46:14)

Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Wed 17-Dec-14 20:57:15
Print Post

Re: buying a ps4 game but no console

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
Will be grabbing a limited edition copy of final fantasy type 0 HD.

I have to choose between xbox1 and ps4.

PS4 more capable hardware.
XBOX1 better controller.

*Both very valid points but only personal preference regarding the controller!

Other than those 2 things tho what are people's thoughts after a year or so of release?

I have read conflicting views from people on the net, e.g. some say the xbox1 games run with better consistent framerates due to directx been a good API and dx12 may be a game changer. But are these just from fanboys? do people who own both consoles on here feel the same way?

Are the PSN problems affecting the PSN store, downloads etc? or just multiplayer.
Which console has the better dash and features? do both have netflix, iplayer etc. as well?

*The Xbox live service is head and shoulders above PSN mate.

*I far prefer the One's dashboard over the PS4.

*Both have Netflix but unsure about iPlayer.

*Obviously these are all personal preferences!!

Am I right both consoles only have hdmi output?

*Xbox One has HDMI in mate.

Obviously when I buy this game it will only be a matter of time before I get the hardware to play the game, so I want to make the right choice of which console.

Personally it does look from where I sit the xbox1 has better exclusives.

Sony tends to get better jrpg support tho, square enix excluded as all the major final fantasy titles will be on both consoles.

It looks like I'm currently pro xbox but I'm really not, in truth I've hardly turned my xbox on in the last few weeks since owning my ps4 but I can mainly blame Driveclub for that wink
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Thu 18-Dec-14 00:20:31
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

For me I went XB1 because

1) Most of my friends have XB1
2) The controller is vastly superior than the PS4 controller IMO
3) XBox Live again vastly superior

All of the above are the things that matter more to me, so that's what I went with.

No doubt the PS4 is the more powerful machine and I think on every game has at least the same resolution as the XB1 and on a fair few games a higher resolution, although IMO people look into that way to much and its not just all about the numbers as other stuff can change things

BF4 for instance is prob the biggest gap in resolutuon numbers (mainly due to the to the Kinect reserving 10% of the power at the time of release)

PS4 it is 900p
XB1 is 720p
both upscaled to 1080p

If you look here though

http://123kinect.com/battlefield-4-ps4-version-bette... and look at the pics to me the PS4 version is quite blurry against the XB1 version so the pics tell a different story against the numbers.

Then again in other games I've seen the XB1 have more "jaggies" than the PS4 , Like I said before though the differences between the 2 are hard to spot unless you are looking really closely at the pic etc.

Personally I think your best bet is to do what I did and go with what matters most to you and get that one first and maybe the other console down the line, For myself it was the XB1 that had the better stuff I wanted IMO but then again I know a few people on here prefer the PS4 controller against the XB1 one that's why I think everyone needs to go with what matter to them most and go with the side which has those things better for them as it will be different for everyone.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-Dec-14 08:11:09
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Uncharted 4………Enough Said wink
  Print Thread

Jump to