Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 21-Dec-14 23:11:00
Print Post

DA:I game of the year yet lack of interest on here

[link to this post]

is it because it has no guns and is single player focused?

you guys seem to be playing either far cry 4 or drive club at the moment. frown

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Dec-14 00:56:01
Print Post

Re: DA:I game of the year yet lack of interest on here

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Your not exactly raving about it mateywink I have it here still wrapped and when i eventually finish Far Cry 4 i will let you know my thoughts,i doubt very much i be immersed and impressed as much as you because like you i have a favourite type of game and mine is FPS and yours is RPG type like Dragon Age and Final Fantasy.

People are not talking about it mate because there is only yourself and me on here that actually own it,and if you want to break that statement down a little more,there are only a handful of us on here that actually use the Gaming forum in the first place.

Its no good raving on to you about Far Cry 4 and how awesome and engaging the game actually is when i know you have a dislike of FPS,the same can be said about the type of game you like.

Im itching to try it but Far Cry 4 just grips me and thats all i want to play at present.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 22-Dec-14 09:20:42
Print Post

I haven't got this game and I don't think I will have chance to get it. Plus the fact I am not as into massive RPG's anymore unfortunately, I tried to play Oblivion and Skyrim and got bored of both after about 10 hours. I'm not sure if Dragon Age is the same kind of game but it looked it from what I read and saw online.

Don't get me wrong I used to love them and if they ever remade FF8 or 9 for next gen I would be all over that, I preferred the old turn based combat system to the modern way RPG's have gone. I had a few good RPG's on the 360, there was one JRPG which was turn based but I forget the name now, that was ace smile

Things like Breath of Fire on the old PS1 were great, all those kind of ones did it for me but I dunno, just not that into modern ones. Tastes change I suppose, if I'm going to play an open world game I prefer something like Assassins Creed or Farcry.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 22-Dec-14 09:34:26
Print Post

Oh and I should add that Farcry 4 is mainly a single player experience, there is a tiny bit of co-op in the main game but I decided to play offline than do that. I haven't touched the multiplayer and I won't bother, I just wanted a really good single player immersive experience and that's what it gives smile
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 22-Dec-14 11:36:47
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

yeah I stopped talking about it as no one else is playing it catch 22 frown at least you brought it tho and are willing to try it. Bad luck I guess far cry 4 came out at same time.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 22-Dec-14 11:41:35
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
I haven't got this game and I don't think I will have chance to get it. Plus the fact I am not as into massive RPG's anymore unfortunately, I tried to play Oblivion and Skyrim and got bored of both after about 10 hours. I'm not sure if Dragon Age is the same kind of game but it looked it from what I read and saw online.

Don't get me wrong I used to love them and if they ever remade FF8 or 9 for next gen I would be all over that, I preferred the old turn based combat system to the modern way RPG's have gone. I had a few good RPG's on the 360, there was one JRPG which was turn based but I forget the name now, that was ace smile

Things like Breath of Fire on the old PS1 were great, all those kind of ones did it for me but I dunno, just not that into modern ones. Tastes change I suppose, if I'm going to play an open world game I prefer something like Assassins Creed or Farcry.

To be honest I also got bored of oblivion, and I am into RPG's.

In my opinion DA:I is not like oblivion and skyrim, it is very different.

Its not true open world, just has very large areas to explore.

There is a clear path to do the story, whilst skyrim and oblivion its very easy to spend 100s of hours doing other things.

You have a party vs the one character in those games.

Its third person view not first person view.

The combat system is way better.

I also love quality turn based rpg's, ironically the last one that was a hit was funded by microsoft. Lost oddysey. A big problem with those games they have largely moved over to hand held consoles and alot arent been translated to english anymore.

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 22-Dec-14 22:45:00)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Dec-14 11:54:09
Print Post

I just bought Captain Toad treasure hunter that was supposed to be released in the new year but Game have started selling it early and so is Shopto.net and hopefully i will have that on the Nintendo Wii U tomorrow to muck about with.

Im really tempted to unwrap this Dragon Age and give it a go but i know i will just go back to Far Cry 4 until i finish it,i have read many reviews and people are raving about this Dragon Age.

I do have my reservations though especially when i read one guys brilliant review and he stated it took him 40 minutes to design and pick his character ,he then realised in game that what he had chosen wasn't suited to his style and started over again,this is were my patience is tested fully and i will try and persevere with the game.

Edited by time2die (Mon 22-Dec-14 11:57:15)

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Mon 22-Dec-14 12:14:18
Print Post

I played it a week or so before it came out via EA Access for 5 hours or so, The game looked and played well itself but I hated the user interface with a passion it was horrible slow and had a clunky feel to it.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 22-Dec-14 12:50:39
Print Post

Oh right ok, see now that sounds interesting! The thing that I hated about Skyrim and Oblivion was that it wasn't linear. I never knew which was the main quest, which were side quests etc. I know that's meant to be part of the fun of it, but for me I like to have a clear idea of where it is going.

I may check this out then, I think I will be done with Farcry by end of next week so this could fill the time before Dying Light.

Are there different classes to choose from like a typical RPG? Or as you have a team does each person in the team have a class like Final Fantasy style? You have my attention tongue
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 22-Dec-14 12:51:23
Print Post

Would you say it's similar to Sacred or Dungeon Siege?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to