Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Jan-15 10:51:43
Print Post

Not your line sunshine....

[link to this post]

Stewards meeting

This is the bonnet view from Mr Nelsters car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O4mUmyrSsU

Right then if you watch I had the run on Nelly from the corner before and was along side him all of the way along the straight and ahead just before the corner.

Looks like nothing more than a racing incident to me smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Jan-15 18:42:56
Print Post

Re: Not your line sunshine....

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

It's Drive Club.......Nuff said tongue
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Jan-15 19:59:27
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Not a fan then Timey??

Swanny
cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Jan-15 00:35:34
Print Post

Correct, but "racing incident"' doesn't mean "one of those things." You would have been penalised for that because:

a) you weren't on the racing line (yes, straights have racing lines too)

b) you didn't have a sufficient speed advantage to carry the overtaking manoeuvre

c) you were knowingly (if you understand the rules that is!) impeding me with your attempted overtaking manoeuvre

Do you really believe its acceptable to drive the full length of the straight off of the racing line, with no real speed advantage, then force the car on the racing line to brake, in turn causing any following cars to brake on the fastest part of the circuit, because you reckon you could squeeze the front of your car a foot past mine, 20 feet before the apex of the corner? confused

You would of course be absolutely entitled to force me to yield in a normal hairpin or tighter bend, but going side by side at 150mph on a straight with a kink isn't acceptable. What you should have done was draft me and then step out once through the turn. You were never going to complete that turn however much you argue and backing off right at the apex doesn't get you off the hook!

I have to race the circuit ahead of me, not the driver behind. It's not my responsibility to second guess a dive bomber. It's his responsibility to make that move stick without impeding and/or endangering other drivers, which you were never going to do.

And them's the rules. tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Jan-15 09:56:14
Print Post

You know my views on Drive club when we all took the plunge on the release of the game,you for some reason Swanny decided it was a good idea to buy it again having previously traded it.

If your all having fun and enjoying it then thats all that counts,but having weeks of problems killed and love i had for this game…….Bigtime.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Jan-15 11:34:13
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

At this point I'd like to add that this is just a game and no harm with have come to you if I had decided to go ahead with my move tongue

Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Jan-15 13:41:54
Print Post

Lol! You are the one who set up the steward's enquiry! I have absolutely no problem with you causing that. That's racing. But you do need to own up to it! I spent most of last night apologising to Matt for nicking his back end accidentally, but as you can see by my latest video, sometimes you just can't avoid the numptys!

I have a video of how you overtake on that particular corner, if you actually do have the speed to carry it off. Inevitably though, it's difficult to regain the perfect racing line and the target simply regains the position on the inside.

As I said, you would be absolutely, categorically, unequivocally correct if that were a hairpin or tight bend. Not there though, not ever. And it's bad manners to claim to be in the right, be proven totally wrong and then wheel out the "It's only a game" card.

Man up and hold your hands up!

Here from 2:05 onwards is how even with the speed to get past, you still don't win that corner. So nah nah na nah nah! tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Jan-15 13:47:35
Print Post

Anyway. I'm still awaiting my invite to GTAV mister Swan. I'll happily let you drive me around then.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Jan-15 14:00:23
Print Post

Swanny's corner smile

Good job the ps4 doesn't record the soundtrack wink

Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Jan-15 14:21:59
Print Post

Consider it done.
Kila has some nice cars in his garage, he said they were just parked on the side of the road with the keys in the ignition and a please take me home sign in the window smile

Swanny
cool
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to