Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Jan-15 19:51:04
Print Post

For those still with Drive Club

[link to this post]

Have they actually fixed the collision detection and getting penalised for someone else hitting your car or what ?

I mean how stupid was that and who on earth thought that was fair,getting rammed up the Jaxxy only to be penalised for it...tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Jan-15 11:08:19
Print Post

Re: For those still with Drive Club

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

On the whole yes. And any penalty you do get tends to be far shorter, just a second or so.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Jan-15 13:06:19
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

As much as I have completly slammed the game it's now under £ 20 at Shopto.net which is sort of tempting given the updates and nice weather effects.....but still not tempting enough for me considering my dislike in general of driving games of this mould......

And a little pointless given what I have at present ,what's just around the corner ,and the fact I'm completly bored with gaming in general at present which I put down to overkill playing Far Cry 4 constantly ,now every game I play doesn't seem half the fun....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 11-Jan-15 10:25:53
Print Post

I must admit, as much as I enjoy teaming up with Swanny and Kila on GTAV, for solo play I always fire up Far Cry 4. I have another friend buying a PS4 relatively soon and FC4 is the game he wants first, so I've left a lot of the fortresses untouched for then.

DriveClub is an amazing game and the more you play and get to know the tracks, the more fun it becomes. But if driving games aren't your bag, why would you lose any sleep over it? I've put a few more vids up. This one shows the difference between knowing the track and not! I honestly wasn't aiming for Kila at all, but when you don't know the circuit and are pushing for the overtake, it's very easy to shunt people (sorry Kila!). It's forgivable as long as its not T-boning on hairpins or chicanes, like a lot of the online numptys. The last little bit shows a muppet trying to ram Matty off for a couple of corners, then getting his come uppance. Keep your eyes fixed in the distance. Unfortunately, he still manages to clip me and let the bloke behind nip through.

I reckon if private lobbies arrive you should buy it, even if only not to be left out of witnessing one of my (numerous) strurve incidents. smile
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 11-Jan-15 10:40:24
Print Post

Was just watching a random YouTube vid of a guy playing with a T500rs and who should pop up at around 0:40 ? I think wotty and matty show up too.

Shame about the soundtrack. crazy
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Sun 11-Jan-15 10:49:18
Print Post

Private lobbies will be a blast if we have enough of us in there mate!!

Was a good couple of laps between you myself and Matt ,like I said the other night when you're racing that close to one another you can't be off making contact, and as I've also said before "rubbing is racing" after all wink
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Sun 11-Jan-15 10:53:41
Print Post

Ha ha what are the chances!!
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 11-Jan-15 11:13:43
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Agreed, but I didn't exactly rub you. More of a 100mph rear T-bone....3 times! blush grin
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Jan-15 17:21:05
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

You will never guess what i have done…..? the lyrics from the song What kind of fool am i spring to mind…..

God help you lot if i live to regret this Mistake second time around….

Ive only gone on done it to show up Swanny and Jorkila wink
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Mon 12-Jan-15 17:31:30
Print Post

Ha ha I knew you would end up getting it again mate, even if you're not that into racing games it's still worth it just for the social side of it and getting to hear Swanny's dulcet tones wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to