Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Jan-15 16:26:41
Print Post

Dying Light Delayed outside of North America.

[link to this post]

I smell a Rat…

Digitally downloaded its not affected at the usual over exaggerated price policy that we see with digitally downloaded content.

Think this game is on the Sony store for £55 as a digital title when I'm paying £40 for a retail copy.

Now this could be nothing but since it was quoted that the game went Gold a week or so back if not longer why the delay.

Are they expecting negative reviews,or are they trying to push the hardcore who don't want to wait down the digital downloadable route at over inflated ridiculous prices.

Apparently the delay is only a few days or something but something just doesn't sit right in my books.

Shopto have now edited the release of the 30th to TBC …..Weird or what….

Is this another Drive Club in the making….
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Mon 19-Jan-15 20:43:53
Print Post

Re: Dying Light Delayed outside of North America.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I did see that earlier and thought it was strange, Although surely if it was a [censored] review thing they would of delayed the US version, That's not been delayed at all.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 19-Jan-15 23:05:05
Print Post

video game industry is getting worse and worse, but they treat NA favourably as that's where most of the press is.

Remember AC5 mysteriously only in the UK got pulled from steam at launch, so people had to buy from uplay.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Jan-15 01:11:37
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Don't make any sense to me only that the digital version is not delayed believes me to think the want to milk the over inflated prices of the game in question given that there are many out there that are not prepared to wait.

Its similar to the Drive Club fiasco and the promised playstation plus scenario only this was never going to be a freebie .

As much as i am looking forward to this game but didn't exactly get bowled over by Dead Island i am prepared to wait a week or so.

In the mean time i shall continue with the masterpiece that is GTA5 and more than likely download the resident evil Hd Remake Wednesday.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Jan-15 01:14:20
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Yeah from a game that been make in Poland which is Europe and we get to wait,Fact is Europe is a way bigger market than the US but we continue to get shafted at ever opportunity be it game releases or the Sony/Microsoft stores with different content at different times only the Americans generally get it before anyone else.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Jan-15 07:27:19
Print Post

I thought you said Swanny was the conspiracy king? wink

I'm guessing the physical game discs will be produced in the US for that market, not over here then shipped. That being the case I would suspect a simple production run delay. We'll soon find out if its only a few days delay, that will be the most likely answer.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Jan-15 08:16:56
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

He is but it doesn't mean that i don't get concerned when i read reports like this.smile
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Jan-15 18:50:19
Print Post

As long as Project Cars isn't delayed, I'll be a happy bunny.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Jan-15 00:09:44
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Stuff that ? wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-Jan-15 08:24:56
Print Post

Re: Dying Light new release date announced

According to Gamestop the new release date for the retail copies of Dying Light is now 20th Feb.

If true this is a massive delay of almost 3 weeks and it happens to be on exactly the same day as the Playstation Exclusive The Order 1886 and that in some respects is going to severly affect sales.

Im intrigued as to what the review will be for this game at the end of next week,and will this delay have a even more severe impact on sales given the delay and a negative review.

I said i wouldnt buy over inflated digital content but i was looking forward to this game,but if the reviews are solid and it gets outstanding user reviews and the delay is conformed to be around the 20th of Feb i may reconsider as I'm sick of games releasing at the same time and like Nelly i have high hopes for The Order.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to