Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 10-Feb-15 11:18:41
Print Post

its about the market size

[link to this post]

titanfall 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpeBW-NTsVQ

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Feb-15 11:35:51
Print Post

Re: its about the market size

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Titanfall was another Cod Wannabe and personally i got bored with it literally within just a couple of hours and never went back.

Initially i thought it was pretty decent but it just didn't excite me and i found the jumping around and the Mechs a complete bore.

Games like this are on the decline just like the last 3 or 4 Cods which have truly failed to innovate or inspire and like many have said over the years are just copy/paste scenarios .

I don't know if its me getting older and more fussy but they just don't offer me anything in the way of Gaming fun unlike the very first time i played Modern Warfare 1 which i was addicted to for about 18 months.

That game is about 7 years old and nothing has come even close to matching what it offered at the time,the only Cod Game that was half decent since is Cod Black ops,Infinity Ward is all but finished having both the leads sacked by Activision who went on to become Respawn Entertainment the makers of Titanfall.

In fact having once been the ultimate Cod developers they are probably now the back end of the 3 and Treyarch the better.

Im sure hoping that Treyarch this year come up with something way better than what Sledghammer Gave us last November and Infinity Ward with Ghosts the year before.

5 years ago i looked forward to a new Cod in November but not anymore.

Titanfall 2 on the Sony Platform is nothing to get excited about .

Edited by time2die (Tue 10-Feb-15 15:59:04)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 10-Feb-15 13:08:57
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah I got no comment on the game itself, but just how the publisher decided been tied to one(two) platforms makes them less money.

In regards to cod etc. on decline, ig it is its not that surprising as FPS games flooded the market, everyone want a slice of the success of cod, its like now the new zombie style games, no innovation, just copycat developing.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Tue 10-Feb-15 14:09:58
Print Post

Could you not have found a better video for this rather than the most annoying guy in the world that was hating on Xbox lol
Not only that what the hell has Titanfall 1 or 2 got to do with this guy playing Dying Light on PC?
It was stated early doors that Titanfall 2 wasn't likely to be Microsoft exclusive not to mention not Xbox exclusive mate so this is not new news mate!! Hell even the first Titanfall wasn't even Xbox exclusive!!

Edited by jorkila (Tue 10-Feb-15 14:13:29)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Feb-15 16:06:40
Print Post

What Microsoft seriously needs to do not that i call it innovation ,they need to bring back some of there greatest killer 360 titles and do a redux for the Xbox One.

Something like the first 3 Gears of War Games wouldn't go a miss,Horde mode was one of the most exciting times i have ever had in years online and boy don't i miss my 360 and that brilliant addictive game.

If Sony can do Playstation 3 games on the Playstation 4 why don't Microsoft,i really don't understand the logic of some of these Gaming companies.

Take Retro and the brilliant Metroid Games from the Gamecube days,why doesn't Nintendo ask them to develop a Metroid game for the somewhat struggling Wii U,why release a console with no killer must have titles in the data base,I've seriously learned my lesson this generation,Killzone was a great game but i wouldn't call it a system seller.

Had to wait virtually 15 months for the games to support the new hardware,actually to be fair the Nintendo Wii U at present has more must have games than both Sony and Microsoft put together………And some ?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 10-Feb-15 22:09:18
Print Post

there is no doubt they got arrogant. Part of their downfall.

Is a flood of new exclusives the answer? it may make some people feel better about their console purchase, but I consider that practice anti consumer.

If I brought an xbox one, I would be pretty [censored] off, offers very little over the pc.

Of course if someone brought one not owning a pc, are they happy now? I think they are probably disappointed, microsoft published games have been reduced the past 3-4 years.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Feb-15 23:16:53
Print Post

Of course if someone brought one not owning a pc, are they happy now? I think they are probably disappointed, microsoft published games have been reduced the past 3-4 years.
There are members here who have bought Xbones (except for Timey) who seem very happy with them.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Feb-15 00:36:19
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah Jaxx and Jorkila at the last Count tongue and Jorkila spends more time swapping games than i change my socks .
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Feb-15 06:46:18
Print Post

Andrew and Bert got one too. I seem to remember Bert games mainly in his PC now though and only got the xbone to game with certain mates, which sort of illustrates the point really.

Not all gamers buy a plethora of titles every year. That's where exclusives become the all important system sellers.

Edit: I forgot Giraffe? He seems perfectly happy with his Xbone purchase.

Edited by mrnelster (Wed 11-Feb-15 07:11:47)

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Wed 11-Feb-15 12:51:20
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
Andrew and Bert got one too. I seem to remember Bert games mainly in his PC now though and only got the xbone to game with certain mates, which sort of illustrates the point really.

Not all gamers buy a plethora of titles every year. That's where exclusives become the all important system sellers.

Edit: I forgot Giraffe? He seems perfectly happy with his Xbone purchase.

Yup, I'm quite happy with my Xbone purchase, Most of my real life mates have one as well, Probably 75% of the time I probably co-op with them which is probably while I'm happy with it.

I've got a PC as well but it's so much easier gaming on a console, You just turn it on and you can play it, The 'problem' with PC's is that you can have thousands of combinations of componants and sometimes things for whatever reason just don't work, For instance my PC specs are easily enough to play BF4 but it just crashes from the menu 90% of the time and I can't play the game even when EA support tried to help, They basically ended up refunding me as it still wouldn't work for longer than 5mins.
Sometimes I don't get much time to game as I just want to play a game and not spend ages getting the [censored] thing to work.
  Print Thread

Jump to