Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 15-Feb-15 18:02:38
Print Post

da inquisitions patch warning

[link to this post]

The game seems to continue getting worse with every new patch and they now even patched the dupe glitch, I am in the process of trying to restore my pre patched game from a backup, so a word of warning.

Sadly they will eventually start adding good things in new patches (and I suspect patched game be requirement for future DLC content) so eventually players will be forced to update.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 16-Feb-15 21:38:10
Print Post

Re: da inquisitions patch warning

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

for those who dont know there is actually quite alot of bugs in the game which were not immediately noticeable (unlike AC unity).

Some quests dont trigger randomly.
The ability rings mostly dont work at all (think of what would happen in if guns didnt work in far cry 4, same thing).
The banter system is unreliable.
Also is numerous other bugs which are probably considered less severe.

Bioware have since released 4 patches (3 for consoles), and most of the severe bugs have not been fixed, new bugs got introduced plus they patched a dupe exploit which annoyed a lot of people as without duping the game is much less enjoyable to play. Also one of the patches made the game perform worse on consoles and downgraded the graphics on PC's. IN addition some abilities got nerfed.

Bioware seem to be putting more priority into making the game harder (nerfing and blocking dupe) than fixing the bugs. Some people are now suggesting the reason the dupe exploit got patched is they going to add micro transactions.

I did manage to remove the patch by restoring the old game files (system restore in windows), console users who got the game on a physical copy and just reinstall the game but console users who got a digital copy are screwed.

Only time will tell if they actually fix all the bugs and if they do something about the dupe exploit patch problem.

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 16-Feb-15 21:38:33)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Feb-15 00:35:14
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Don't know i got bored with the game after 30 minutes and haven't loaded it since.

Kind of new i would struggle with this game,might as well just stick to Zelda as its the only real RPG i can play and enjoy and it isn't to complicated and taxing on the wee brain cell i have left with the frustrating levelling up system and complex menu and ranking system.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 17-Feb-15 01:54:33
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

this would make you dislike it more.

basically one aspect of RPG's is the farming aspect, some times its considered excessive and boring other time snot.

Many players used duping to bypass that, so you would only need one of an item and then dupe it to your content, and the duping also allowed for gold as well as could sell duped items.

I even posted on the bioware forums, without duping I would do no more playthrus as it would ruin the game too much for me. Plus since DLC's will require the game patched up it also means I wont buy any DLC unless they undo the change.

Print Thread

Jump to