Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Mar-15 16:55:57
Print Post

Virtual Reality....Epic Fail Just like Kinnect

[link to this post]

Not interested in the slightest.

Its just not going to work,having my Sony Gold Headset on for a mere few hours hurts my ears,and who are the units aimed at,teenagers with rich parents I'm guessing,how long before the severe headaches set in and dizziness and other problems associated with these units.

Wouldn't you seriously need 20/20 vision,what if your Magoo like Nester and Myself and occasionally if not always wear glasses for gaming,not only that i wear glasses for gaming and glasses for typing as I'm no spring chicken and approaching the age of 30 rapidly tongue......Waits with baited breath for Nellys reply crazy.

Listen i know a lot will be amused and excited by this stuff but I'm not one of them,probably my age and the fact I'm a lazy gamer and i just don't see this working sitting down in a cozy environment .
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Mar-15 18:15:23
Print Post

Re: Virtual Reality....Epic Fail Just like Kinnect

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

What, thirty and dirty.....?
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Mar-15 18:26:32
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I actually agree with most of what you said, but racers are sit down games and really will be a blast. It's been observed that people using VR headsets on racers, drive faster and more accurately as the image becomes their true field of vision. That in turn greatly enhances depth perception, hence far deeper immersion.

I don't think 20/20 is relevant as it is a single screen, but the glasses issue is a good point. Maybe I can bin me bins, because the image is right in front of my eyes? To be fair, I only wear them for driving and pulling librarians anyway.

And if virtual reality evolves as well as I am anticipating, there won't be a need to pull real librarians...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Mar-15 18:41:11
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Dirty Gerty from number 30

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Mar-15 18:56:18
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Is Gerty a librarian? I might have to make her reach for that top shelf.

Not that I've got a thing for librarians you understand. It's purely educational...
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Mar-15 09:55:51
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I can understand what you're saying smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
  Print Thread

Jump to