Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 19-Mar-15 02:51:16
Print Post

new ps4 exclusive

[link to this post]

Timey and co, some footage of a upcoming ps4 game from our favourite reviewer smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yd_K2Rg9r0

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Mar-15 06:50:09
Print Post

Re: new ps4 exclusive

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

He is a terrible reviewer, can't stand him or his wannabe presentation style.

I've never really took an interest in Final Fantasy games, but really liked the look of that at the beginning. Then the stuttering put me right off. There's no excuse for that so let's hope it's just down to it being a pre release demo?

It definitely looked more enticing to me than Bloodbourne anyway. Not so dark.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Mar-15 08:16:17
Print Post

Just repetitive button bashing chore mate, and i hate Final Fantasy Games with a passion and this one doesn't change my mind either wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Mar-15 08:18:49
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Bloodbourne is in a different league to that Nelly wink
Standard User Pulse8Broadband
(newbie) Thu 19-Mar-15 09:16:13
Print Post

I quite like to FF series, but this looks way out of place compared to the others. I think it's one of those games where you'll have to try it in order to see what it's really like. I also think that opinions are going to be split straight down the middle on this one.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 19-Mar-15 19:38:17
Print Post

[re: Pulse8Broadband] [link to this post]

yeah sadly for sure FF is going away from its origins.

I am actually quite liking this reviewer, he says it as he sees it, not worried to criticise a game whether his points are valid or not are a matter of opinion.

e.g. I disagreed with him when he had to follow the deadeye, because I felt he got impatient way too quickly, however he had a very valid point when he was trying to run away from it and the camera got awkward due to been locked onto the creature.

also I meant console exclusive as this is also on the xbox one.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 19-Mar-15 19:38:26)

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Mar-15 21:18:50
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'll take your word for it. I think I played one once on the Sega Mega Drive? Not really the best person to appraise it then. shocked
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Mar-15 21:35:24
Print Post

I am actually quite liking this reviewer, he says it as he sees it, not worried to criticise a game whether his points are valid or not are a matter of opinion.

That's the problem. Most of what he says is totally subjective and that doesn't make a reliable review. He enjoys swearing at kids in the comments section of his YouTube channel and his rants aren't the least bit funny either. The Angry Joe Show does that better than any of the wannabes AND manages to stay objective at the same time.

The funniest thing this guy came up with was the fact that he loved to dress top to toe in black himself, but felt it really didn't work for the characters in the game. There's a clue he's missing right there....

He did have a point about the camera, but it was being drowned out by his redneck ego.

So would you say FF is button bashing like Timey, or is that being unfair? When you mention it's origins, do you mean those really early RPGs or something more recent?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 19-Mar-15 21:47:08
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

FF originally was a turn based game and controlled all party members.

Now the final fantasy brand is moving towards action based battles in real time and only controlling the party leader.

On the button bashing that sort of thing is very hard to comment on based on a review, as the reviewer can be playing the game incorrectly, I would have to play the game to judge that.

Print Thread

Jump to