Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Mar-15 19:37:19
Print Post

Check this out ? Nelly Bloodborne review

[link to this post]

HA! HA!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 31-Mar-15 12:07:16
Print Post

Re: Check this out ? Nelly Bloodborne review

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Frag tells me you haven't got time and having picked the game up only on Sunday you are thinking of trading it already with frustration .

I couldn't agree more mate with the frustrating bit but believe me if you persevere things that you originally struggled with you will kill with little effort the more you learn and the more time spent dying.

Its not fun dying over and over and having to do the same thing all over again,but this is the steep learning curve of the game and it makes you learn from your mistakes.

Last night i spent at least 2 hours and 10 attempts trying to kill boss number 2,constantly just a hit away from defeating him,but constantly failing over and over again.

But with all this i would actually buy a playstation 4 just to play this game as i think its a masterclass in gaming design and level layout is extremely clever as its like a giant maze.

Im that impressed and immersed in this game i have actually just pre/ordered the Playstation 4 redux of Demon Souls 2 out in a few days as I'm totally in love with this Bloodborne.

I urge you to persevere Nelly and things will slowly click in to place,not only that if you do persevere and open up perks and upgrade your states it will open up co/op game play were you can summon help,not only that you can invade other players games and steal there blood echoes.

To be honest mate the first 4 hours i spent with this i was blown away how addictive the game looked and played and the extreme difficult level only added to my frustration,at one point i even said to myself i will never ever complete this game,but the more i tried the less i died and i actually had great pleasure mowing down monsters that first proved extremely difficult to beat.

What you have here is a game that will last you months and months and you will get better,it doesn't matter that you don't have hours and hours to play games but you should keep it and stick with it and your views and opinion will change.

The game will literally teach you how to approach bosses and Monsters even though you will constantly die with lack and care of attention to your surroundings.

For me personally this is the first real reason to own a Playstation 4 as this game has everything even though i admit its the most frustrating and difficult game you will probably ever play.

Just looking around the retailers this morning i see it has sold out at many places and I'm not surprised.

Don't trade it mate,play it more strategically and take your time,suddenly all will get easier,especially if you use your collected blood points to acquire weapon upgrades.

Oh and something else,use Youtube as your guidance in trouble,i actually found out that there are so many special moves you can do with your weapons only last night.

Watch all this Video mate it will seriously help you enjoy the Game
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Apr-15 06:25:43
Print Post

I haven't quite given up just yet. The wife's away with the kids all next week, so I might get the chance for a proper go at it. wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Apr-15 17:00:31
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

A quote from a reviewer that never previously played any of the other From Software games such as Demons Souls.

Quote ?
ďDeveloping an understanding of how From Software requires you to play is of utmost importance. This isnít a game world that bends to your will and yields to your play style. If you donít learn to play by the rules of Bloodborne, you will die even more than you would otherwise. In todayís climate of accommodation and accessibility, Bloodborne is a shock to the system that requires the uninitiated to relearn how they approach video games. The perceived loss of progress is not something weíre used to anymore in the age of the autosave, and it took me several hours to get past that. It wasnít until I realized that as long as I was able to learn from my mistakes, progress wasnít lost that I truly began to embrace Bloodborne.Ē
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Apr-15 19:12:42
Print Post

If you donít learn to play by the rules of Bloodborne, you will die even more than you would otherwise.

Nelly doesn't do rules tongue

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Apr-15 06:45:39
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
If you donít learn to play by the rules of Bloodborne, you will die even more than you would otherwise.

Nelly doesn't do rules tongue
"You never close your eyes anymore, when I kiss your lips."
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Apr-15 07:04:26
Print Post

Just for a bit of balance.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Apr-15 08:47:04
Print Post

You will find negatives in every game on the market regarding of how high the game scored,seriously i agree with everything he says but that the part of the learning curve of such a very difficult game which again teaches you how to approach next time around and to take more care and attention.

Obviously some people give in quicker than others and normally I'm one of them,but this game has a fantastic Gothic Map design with some fantastic looking lethal creatures in there and brilliant soundtrack and I'm not giving up on this beauty.

Even last night i spent 2 hours doing the same thing and stuck on a tough MF.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Apr-15 10:23:00
Print Post

And while the wife's away.....

Operation Make the Most of It: Day 1

Progress report.

Objective: Keep thermostat below 30° for longer than one hour

Objective: Leave television switched off for longer than 30 seconds

Objective: Do not fill more than one bin liner in any seven day period

Objective: Spend hours of uninterrupted time on Bloodbourne, get through the kindergarten level without losing all your blood echoes next to the only guy on the level you can't kill with your bare hands, and then selling all of your weapons whilst under the incorrect assumption you could buy a better one

Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Sat 04-Apr-15 20:26:33
Print Post

Re: And while the wife's away.....

So you're saying I should buy this and hope I get chance to play in between caring for the missus/kids/ponies/house/paddock!!!

(missus was kicked by the neighbors horse and broken her leg in two places)!!!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to