Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-May-15 08:54:39
Print Post

The Wicher…….Initial Impressions and Thoughts P4.

[link to this post]

Hang on it hasn't dropped yet ? expect it around lunchtime wink

Anybody on my friends list and wants to test it then by all means ask wink

No begging letters wink

Games arrived .wink
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/58e83wt7UatCr3RvBD...

Edited by time2die (Mon 18-May-15 11:18:31)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 18-May-15 13:08:29
Print Post

Re: The Wicher…….Initial Impressions and Thoughts P4.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

was going to say you always seem to get it early smile

cant play it on steam until midnight.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-May-15 14:35:43
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Getting this tomorrow. Do wonder how playable it will be, seeing as its fashionable to release bug ridden games these days

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-May-15 17:10:34
Print Post

Well i have been playing it for 4 hours which is basically nothing for a game of this size.its a really nice looking game but its no Bloodborne are far as I'm concerned at this very early stage.

As i expected the menu of choosing spells/equipment and everything else required are in my case One gigantic mess and completely over my head and way to complex and confusing,it must of took me at least 20 minutes to use my 2 skill points because its not plain and clear how to actually do so and what your actually levelling up.

The map is absolutely enormous and when doing the main story missions you are side tracked to do other secondary objectives and there are 100s of them.

In 4 hours i managed eventually to do the very first story mission that constitutes in killing a griffin Monster.

My biggest Gripe with the game is its just way to confusing for me with menu after menu with so much to think about upgrading and selling.

Everywhere you go you are collecting things like Shoe laces.bottle caps,spectacles etc etc etc,not sure if you are suppose to sell what seem to be useless equipment or craft them into various weapons and potions.

Im not going to knock the game because thats just not fair to those that love massive rpgs of this kind,I'm not really a great lover of these especially when they are over complexed and confusing and really can be quite taxing on the Timey Braincell.

Combat from what i have played is ok,its not blowing me away to be fair and compared to a game like Zelda its not that exciting from the brief experience i have had with the game.

Im just struggling to imagine me wanting to play this after a few days based on the confusing nature of the game and the fact when you spend so much time in menu screens trying to work out what does what and are you doing and making the correct choices it kind of puts me of if I'm honest,if i played for 4 hours then 60 minutes of that was looking at the list of endless menus and upgrades.

On one occasion i was told to visit a Blacksmith and upgrade something,every item i picked said i hadn't got the required materials,its times like this that put me of certain types of games.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of so called help menu and explanations as to what to do,but even these to me at least are way to confusing.

I just wish they would keep these type of game really simple to understand if I'm honest,I'm sure the likes of Chrysalis will have little to no trouble been a rpg player,but patience and starring at menu screens trying to work out this from that is not what i bought this game for.

Early days to be honest but based on my 4 hours i can not seriously see me playing this at the end of the week unless it some how clicks in to place and i start understanding what the hell I'm doing.

I struggled somewhat with bloodborne as that can be quite confusing,but once i understood what it was all about it was riveting from start to finish.

Im just not feeling the same love at present with The Witcher.

Actually sometimes when its like this i feel like deleting the save even though i have been playing it for 4 hours just to see if i can understand it better second time around.

Personally i don't think its a I'm thick issue but more of I've got no time or patience to get to grips with the complexity of the menu .

But persevere i will later tonight,you never know i might just figure out what I'm doing and what goes where and how all these upgrades actually work..

Edited by time2die (Mon 18-May-15 17:37:02)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-May-15 00:06:50
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Well i played it again for about an hour this evening and its just not doing it for me,the story is way to deep and well over my head and to be honest i haven't got a clue what the story is about neither do i care.

There are way to many conversations that drag on and on and on and on,and i find myself literally hitting the playstation square button and fast forwarding through them which completely misses the whole point of such a story driven game.

Having now seen it in the flesh,personally it doesn't even look that exciting and the combat not very satisfying to say the least,the game may pick up and get way much better but the 6 hours i have spent with it hasn't really give me much gaming pleasure and i have serious doubts if i got the patience to continue with it in a few days.

Its just to deep,vast amounts to explore which quite frankly are overwhelming and daft as it sounds kind of puts me of,every area you visit there are side quests.notice boards with other quests,Ncps with a few more and every tom dick and harry you care to mention wants you to do something other than the story.

And believe you me you have to take on these side quest to progress and level up else you may get hammered when doing the story mission and you have a inferior level to whats required.

Im going to keep trying,but based on my brief experience I'm not blown away and Bloodborne for me literally blows this out of the water,slightly different type of game but Bloodborne is exciting fast and fresh,this is slow,tedious and for me quite boring.

hey I'm not saying this is a bad game for all you rpg fans itching to play it,its just not my cup of tea and it doesn't immerse me like its suppose to.

My best explanation is like this really,i hate reading books,and you know when you pick up a book and it gently tells you about the characters within the first few pages,I'm literally having to go back to page one to look up a person I'm reading about on page 3 having completely forgot who the hell say Adam is only 5 minutes ago.

Thats like this for me with The Witcher,I'm literally not taken in by the story,find it way to boring and tedious,have forgotten what they said 10 seconds ago and i don't like making choices that mean absolutely nothing.

Thats correct,after many long boring conversations you have a limited time to respond with a set answer that don't make any sense at all.

Its obvious I'm not interested in massive story telling epics of this nature,nothing wrong with that horses for courses i guess.

Shame i expected that i would really like this based on the videos i watched,but to me at present its just another game not to get excited about and a game that really i wouldn't have missed if it had passed me by.

You never know,if i manage to persevere with it i may or may not change my opinion,but don't hold your breath.

And remember this is just my thoughts about what i think,would have loved to come on here and say the game blows me away,but sorry I'm just not feeling the love even though it has outstanding review scores.

Edited by time2die (Tue 19-May-15 00:19:43)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-May-15 09:04:00
Print Post

Sounds great I'll pick it up in October

Cheers Timelord smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-May-15 09:59:24
Print Post

Is it more Dragon Age Inquisition or Skyrim?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-May-15 11:46:55
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Don't really know mate as i didn't really like any of those games you mentioned,all i can say its very story rich with a lot of dialogue and from what i have played quite long winded and for me not that interesting.

Im going to stick with it,but like i said in my previous post I'm not convinced its my type of game.

To be honest mate everything about this game screams Epic and take what i think with a pinch of salt,i have just watched the release date launch video and it looks breathtaking.

I am going to continue to persevere with this game because i think i may change my opinion because a game that gets such outstanding reviews should not be discarded after a mere few hours.

They are just my initial impressions which mean nothing,I'm not a massive world rpg fan and have very little patience and understanding for such confusing menu screens .weapon stats,potions,spells and all that.

Once a game confuses me i do tend to pack up quite quickly,if i manage to understand these weapon upgraded and skill points i may look at this game in another way and be more kind.

launch Trailer

Edited by time2die (Tue 19-May-15 11:53:56)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 19-May-15 18:25:47
Print Post

yeah I didnt think you would like it after your DA:I experience.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-May-15 18:59:54
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Im going to continue to try and play as much as i can just in case my opinion changes and it deserves more time.

Yeah Dragon Age,when will i ever learn? obviously i like fast paced games and ones with menu and upgrades i can understand.

Hey its no way a bad game,i could never ever call it that and by all means it deserves all the amazing review scores its getting,it just don't rock my boat which is a shame as i was hoping to get lost in the World of The Witcher and not lost in the menu and upgrade screens.wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to