Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Jun-15 00:20:29
Print Post

Xbox one Install times …….Why ?

[link to this post]

Why Does it literally take hours.

When the playstation 4 does it in minutes and the xbox 360 was 20 times faster ?

A question that has been bugging me for 10 months and it still a shambles,what the heck went wrong with these so called next generation consoles and why has Microsoft gone backwards.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 05-Jun-15 09:56:02
Print Post

Re: Xbox one Install times …….Why ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

The next day I saw him again and asked him how long it took him to install the game. He told me it took roughly seven hours.

That's insane why does it take so long?

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Fri 05-Jun-15 12:41:31
Print Post

I'd say it's an over exaggeration, my downloaded version of Titanfall took less time to download AND install lol!!!
There's no doubt that the Bone does take an age to install some games but you'll find disconnecting your internet to install a disc game speeds things up considerably due to the way it try's to download and install patches at the same time as installing the main game for some reason!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Fri 05-Jun-15 18:02:51
Print Post

For some stupid reason the XB1 downloads any game updates/patches while installing the game and this slows down the game install big time, Setting the console to offline or disconnecting from internet and then installing it's much quicker. I mean it's still slow and it takes a while but the guy claims that it took his friend 7hrs to install Assassins Creed Unity, I've got that game so decided to reinstall it onto my external harddrive and it's currently at 34% 10mins in and was playable under 2mins in.
Now it's not fast by any means but it's light years ahead of his friend who said it took 7hrs to do so I can only assume he was either 1) making it up or 2) his friend has uber slow internet.

I can only assume that the guy knows about the install issue being the reason as he says "I’m not counting the update that had to download because that’s another issue entirely", When that's the actual reason for the issue.

360 always going to be much faster as the file sizes are much smaller than a XB1 game as the 360 used dual layer dvds and the XB1/PS4 uses blu-ray and the reading of a dvd is normally faster than reading a blu ray).
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 06-Jun-15 08:07:09
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

yeah the 7 hours delay is clearly either a faulty system or internet related.

I think the reason why ps4 is so fast is it doesnt fully install the game, it just installs enough for you to start the game and carries on in the background, it installed ff type 0 hd, for me really fast, so fast it wasnt realistic.

PC does the same thing in both battle.net installer and steam, after a short portion of the game is installed, it lets you launch the game.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Mon 08-Jun-15 11:10:47
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

XB1 does it as well, I can play games after a few minutes while it continues installing in background.
  Print Thread

Jump to