Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Jun-15 19:39:13
Print Post

Should he or Shouldn't he?

[link to this post]

Right.

Let's all come up with one reason why Timey should or shouldn't buy a Steam Machine?

I'll go first:

SHOULD!

Refund act

The deal is that you can now get a refund on any Steam game for any reason - it not working, it being rubbish, it not being as advertised - on two conditions. First, it has to be within 14 days. Second, you can't have played it for more than 2 hours.
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Tue 09-Jun-15 20:11:08
Print Post

Re: Should he or Shouldn't he?

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

That alone is reason enough lol
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Jun-15 21:23:51
Print Post

It's a perfect money pit for him. He should jump at it smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Jun-15 07:32:41
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
It's a perfect money pit for him. He should jump at it smile
Yeah but he loves his games, you can't argue with that! He tries just about anything and everything, which does deserve respect. Even if he only gives them 20 minutes, that's 20 minutes more than most of us.

And this way he wouldn't be wasting sooooo much money! smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Jun-15 08:53:58
Print Post

Its a New Machine that plays Games so the massive Temptation is there smile

But other things will have to be moved on as there is limited space,the Nintendo Wii u looks like the favourite followed by the Xbox One.
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Wed 10-Jun-15 10:16:37
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

See I wouldn't say that it was a new system that plays games, ultimately it's just a pc hooked up to your TV like you've always been able to do, you don't need a steam machine to play steam games!

But Nelly's right with that refund policy of steams, 2 hours is plenty enough to know if the games junk or not!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Jun-15 14:08:41
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

2 minutes in my case tongue and 2 seconds in yours crazy

Its still a new thing to me under the TV matey regardless of you saying you can stream PC stuff now.

There must be other advantages in bringing out these Steam Machines......Like Ironing my shirts and Trousers mad.

One thing for sure if i take the plunge,i won't be buying basics as I'm totally not interested in buying upgraded bits a few months down the line.

It will have plenty of clout for sure,plenty of Hard drive space,top end processor and graphic card.......Im not going down the Matel Swanny and Nelly Route crazy

My issue is way to many suppliers of these units and some of these companies are going to go under for sure.

I will want Top Spec and it has to look nice and not like a Toaster .

Saying that it all depends on our broadband connection as we are going back to Rural Land with a couple of GS Dogs.

And I'm struggling with these rural houses to find many with half decent connections,rightmove has a broadband checker below all there millions of houses on there site and this is no way accurate thats for sure when you put the same post code in BT DSL Checker.

They say they have Fibre and Bt says 1/3 meg........Joke

Edited by time2die (Wed 10-Jun-15 14:12:56)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Jun-15 14:22:34
Print Post

Thats a brilliant idea if they implement it ? I feel there will be a few things in the rules that may be a little different to what they are saying at present.

Its never as good as it sounds,but if they did have this policy and its as clear as they say it is and they don't change there tune 12 months after loads of people have bought these Steam Devices then its brilliant.

Personally to me its a Sales Gimmick to promote sales of the machines and i fear this will quickly be forgotten 12 months down the line if not sooner as soon as these machines start shipping ...
Standard User jorkila
(experienced) Wed 10-Jun-15 15:40:34
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Why wait mate, you can do steam big screen if that's what you're after via windows but believe me when I say that there are and I doubt will be enough games via steam os to keep you happy frown
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Jun-15 17:39:15
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

I don't use Windows I'm a Mac Boy wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to